New Foster Babies ---CUTENESS ALERT!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got a call this morning from the shelter asking if I could take some bottle babies. I have a couple of days before I go out of town for the weekend, so of course I said I'd take them until Friday. "The kittens are 4 weeks old. Three of them are eating wet food and only two still want the bottle." Okay, I can handle that.

I get to the shelter to find five adorable babies who can't be more than 2 weeks old at the most.
We have a red boy, a tortie girl, and three brown tabbies. I'm pretty sure the brown tabbies are 2 girls and a boy.

I tried to get a picture without the cage in the way. Yep. That worked well. As you can see they're like greased lightning.

Weighing them was quite a challenge. As nearly as I can tell with all the wiggles they're between 260Gm and 330Gm.

I put out some wet kitten food mixed with KMR and they dove into it -- literally. I think they did more swimming than eating.
I did end up bottle feeding the three smallest ones.

Back in their cage after their meal and wipe-down with a damp cloth. They're going to have to have more complete baths later.

I'll try to get better pictures of them after they go to sleep.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
AAAwwww!

Happy foster-mummy-hood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got some more pictures after they ate, so there are random bits of food stuck in their fur. Note: the blurry ones are due to kitten movement, not camera movement. :D

Brown tabby boy--the littlest one

Brown Tabby Girl in Pink (I put different color hair elastics on them for collars so I can tell them apart without picking them up and looking at their backsides.

Brown Tabby Girl in Purple. She also has a white tip on her tail but I didn't catch it in the picture

Red Tabby Boy

Tortie Girl--the biggest one

Trying to make a jail break

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, very cute. :D I love the shot of them all eating. My goodness, "diving into the food dish" alright!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Gorgeous shots as always, GoldyCat.

It's always a lovely feeling to see such tiny little souls in such good hands.

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Even with the cuteness alert... I'm dead. 

Best wishes with their care! They are so lucky to have you. I hope you post more pictures soon.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! My goodness, what beautiful babies! Whoever dumped them on the shelter ought to be ashamed of themselves. So young and without their mom.

I think they look about three weeks old, halfway between the shelter's guess and yours.

They look kind of damp in the photo. Did you flea-comb them or something like that? They probably need it. Poor dears. but they seem lively, so they are probably going to be just fine.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Awww! My goodness, what beautiful babies! Whoever dumped them on the shelter ought to be ashamed of themselves. So young and without their mom.

I think they look about three weeks old, halfway between the shelter's guess and yours.

They look kind of damp in the photo. Did you flea-comb them or something like that? They probably need it. Poor dears. but they seem lively, so they are probably going to be just fine.
My first thought was that these are not feral kittens. They're far too healthy and well socialized. I thought maybe somebody didn't want to pay the surrender fee at the shelter, but it wasn't the person who brought them in. A relative of one of our board members found them in a wash next to their dead mother and gave the shelter a $100 donation when they brought them in. I still think someone dumped them when the mother cat died.

Yes, they are a bit damp. They'd just finished their midday swim -- I mean, feeding -- and I'd wiped them down with a damp cloth. :lol3:

Even with the cuteness alert... I'm dead. 

Best wishes with their care! They are so lucky to have you. I hope you post more pictures soon.
It's been a crazy busy week, but I did get more pictures. Coming right up.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Babies are growing like weeds, but they're still tiny compared to my 9# abyssinian.

Brown tabby boy looking to get himself in trouble

The only way to get still pictures is in the cage. I've been calling the red boy Speedy Gonzales

Get me out of here!

Littlest boy. He's the only one still totally on the bottle.

Tortie girl. She maturing the fastest. Totally on solid food. Her eyes are already changing color. I'm pretty sure she's going to have green eyes.

Brown tabby girl. You can't see it in this picture, but she has a little white tip on her tail.

Play time!

carolstrio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous shots as always, GoldyCat.

It's always a lovely feeling to see such tiny little souls in such good hands.
I give so much credit to those who give these little ones a chance! Your fosters are beautiful! Look about the same size as our new trio.

Our three babies were bottle raised when the momma couldn't feed them...they just turned 8 weeks old ...we will have had them for 2 full weeks this Wednesday. We took over from their foster mom as soon as our Vet gave the ok. Feels like we have had them for months! we LOVE them.
 We took all three sibs. So glad we did!

Hope all your cuties get loving homes.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Here are some updated pictures of the babies. They're growing like weeds so they graduated to a bigger cage last week.

I let them out to run around when I can supervise, but they go back in the cage at night and any time I leave the house.

I give them more room to spread out so what do they do? Squeeze into the smallest possible place to sleep.

I was going to show individual pictures of the kittens, but I realized I still can't tell a couple of them apart without looking at their collars, and I didn't manage to get the collars in all of the pictures.

I think this one is the littlest boy

This is the littlest brown tabby girl, with the tortie girl behind her

I can always tell who this one is because she has a white tip on her tail :)

Little tortie girl. She's really hard to photograph unless she's half asleep because she never stops moving

Red tabby boy

Little red boy with my big red Hercules

They found a big-cat toy. I don't know where the other kitten is. There were 5 in the picture when I aimed the camera

Hoarding toys

selena16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy foster mommy !! Soo cute ! I just want to cuddle with them ! :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise