New Family to the Bird Feeder.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They are absolutely gorgeous! :goldstar: What type of bird seed/food do they eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed them whats called a small parrot mix which has just slightly chunker seeds in it than standard bird seed, not an expert in this stuff but we throw in a few handfuls of sunflower seed to attract the larger parrots but all the birds love the sunflower seeds and this seems to be devoured and fought over first.
Its a noisy spot in the mornings..lol
These are Galahs, a new family that has shifted into the area it seems.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man australia has all the cool animals
We feed them whats called a small parrot mix which has just slightly chunker seeds in it than standard bird seed, not an expert in this stuff but we throw in a few handfuls of sunflower seed to attract the larger parrots but all the birds love the sunflower seeds and this seems to be devoured and fought over first.
Its a noisy spot in the mornings..lol
your so lucky to b able to see such cool parrots, in your yard no less :lol: :lol: not counting all the inverts(creepy crawlies ) i want from your country

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man australia has all the cool animals

your so lucky to b able to see such cool parrots, in your yard no less :lol: :lol: not counting all the inverts(creepy crawlies ) i want from your country
We got many creepy crawlies for you here, had one on the window this morning, a Huntsman spider, right up your alley I think. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, since the bird feeder is open do you have other animals that steal the seed/food? The reason I asked is because I put bird feeders near the back of our yard and had trouble with raccoons, opossums and squirrels. Even when I bought a suet holder for winter and secured it, it was knocked down and a critter(s) managed to get the food.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, since the bird feeder is open do you have other animals that steal the seed/food? The reason I asked is because I put bird feeders near the back of our yard and had trouble with raccoons, opossums and squirrels. Even when I bought a suet holder for winter and secured it, it was knocked down and a critter(s) managed to get the food.
We had a bad issue with rats a few weeks ago that have been coming from people up the hill from us who keep chickens and not keeping things under control but with traps and Blue the four legged rat trap problem was quickly solved. But we dont have the animals that you have that will get into the feeders and help themselves and wreck things.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
right you are but what i really want is a sydney funnel web spider, along with the many trapdoor spiders they have around :lol:
We have a bird eating spider that spins 50 foot webs in between trees and are a mauve in colour, very rare but a lot in the bush behind a freind of mines farm. I rode throuh a web one day on my dirt bike and the spider covered my whole face, they are huge. I just let go of the handlebars and fell off the bike in terror..lol
But owning a Funnel web?? Way to die quick!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Silver Crazy, post: 5333077, member: 10040651". But we dont have the animals that you have that will get into the feeders and help themselves and wreck things.
[/QUOTE]
Australia has the most fantastic looking birds. I can't imagine seeing something so beautiful in my back yard.

You mean you don't have raccoons, opossums and squirrels in Australian?.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean you don't have raccoons, opossums and squirrels in Australian?.
Only in the zoo,s we have Bilby,s Quolls Tassie Devils, etc. etc.

Have a look in this site, these are our critters..lol

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only in the zoo,s we have Bilby,s Quolls Tassie Devils, etc. etc.

Have a look in this site, these are our critters..lol
This is a better site..pics actually work.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From my back fence and northward is all bush..on the edge of suburbia here so we get a lot of the native birds...thinking of getting some nectar feeders and attract some honey eaters.