New “ Developments” In The Cat Food World

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hi fellow cat people.
Upon my weekly browsing various websites for cat food deals I noticed a few developments that I thought I would share.
1. Petco now carries weruva which would be super exciting except my cats hate shreds
2. Merrick now offers variety packs on chewy. Now that’s exciting news bc my cats looooove merrick. They offer a seafood one and a poultry one.
That’s all.. I think we should start a tread that we can add to as we all find new / changes in cat food so we can all stay current with the ever changing/ evolving cat food market. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My guys don't like the shreds either but they love Weruva Slide and Serve packets. They tend to like broth heavy food and not pate. If I mix a tablespoon of water with the Slide and Serve it is the perfect consistency for them.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was at Petco the other day, and definitely noticed the Weruva line. I thought it a bit odd since it directly competes with their Soulistic line. But whatever ~

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont get to petco often, but im glad they carry weruva now. My guys are all about the shreds. they will eat some of the soulistic, but they prefer weruva. :thumbsup:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weruva and Soulistic are both made by the same company and the varieties for both are nearly identical. I find it odd that Petco is now selling both brands :headscratch: Do the Weruva foods cost less at Petco than at independent pet stores?

I occasionally feed Weruva. With an IBD cat now who likes to lick the other cat's bowl clean, I can only feed the fish ones and just two of the no-chicken ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My guys don't like the shreds either but they love Weruva Slide and Serve packets. They tend to like broth heavy food and not pate. If I mix a tablespoon of water with the Slide and Serve it is the perfect consistency for them.
Those do look good except it looks kind of mushy? I don’t think my cats like mushy. They are more into firm pate type foods. Who knew cats would be so particular :angrywoman:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much does the Soulistic cost per can? Is it a big 5.5oz can?