New Contest: Share the love by purraising content!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're going to have a high-quality competition this month View media item 256859
2. A TCS mug with the design of your choice from our store:

View media item 256858
3. A $30 Amazon gift card:
View media item 256860

How to Participate

1. Write excellent posts on the forums and do it often. It's as simple as that!

* Only posts made during the month of February count towards the contest. 

2. See a good post? Use the thumbs-up button at the bottom of each post and purraise it! 

Please use the purraise function often and liberally. The more votes we have, the more accurate the result should be in terms of reflecting what the community thinks is indeed the best contribution to the forums this month.

The Purraise button is the thumbs-up icon showing under each post.

If you're viewing TCS using a desktop or laptop, it's a green one like this:

View media item 257106
If you're using a mobile device to browse the site, it's a gray one like this - 

View media item 257107

Purraise Rules and Guidelines

Remember, our purraise system has some rules and etiquette, so please take a minute to read them again and follow them during the contest month too - 

The Purraise goes to the content item, but it also gets accumulated on the profile of the member who made that contribution, so you have Purraise points and green ribbons to show for them.

Remember, the display of your own accumulated Purraise score is private. No one else except yourself and the moderators can see your Purraise score. However, the purraise is public in the post itself, including any comments you leave there.

Please be generous and use the Purraise feature often. It's a great way to say "Kudos" for a thought-out post that contributes to the community. It's also a way to help surface the best content we have.

When should Purraise be given?  

Purraise should be given for a specific piece of content: a useful post, a great image or a helpful review. Remember: You should be recognizing the contribution, not the contributor

When should it NOT be given?  

Purraise should not be given for matters of personal gain. This includes giving purraise to friends for no reason, or for anything that does not benefit the community as a whole. 

Why should you give Purraise?

Please use the Purraise system with care, but use it often. It is a very useful tool for us as a community, for two reasons - 

1. It encourages quality content by letting members know their contribution was appreciated.

2. It helps the site admins feature and surface the best content we have.

Who Can View My Purraise Score?

Only yourself and the site team can view your reputation score.  The reputation system is there to provide you with feedback from other community members about your forum contributions. We keep this discreet and private, to prevent this from becoming a popularity contest.

Reputation Etiquette

- Do not ask for Purraise, explicitly or otherwise, for a specific contribution or in general.
- Do not hold grudges with Purraise. Give rep to any contribution that you feels deserves acknowledgement, regardless of your relationship with the contributor.
- Do not give Purraise to a post of a member just because you like them. The POST itself should be worthy of the rep.

- Never coordinate Purraise, offer it conditionally or otherwise try to manipulate the system. This will be considered a violation of the site's rules.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds exciting, as soon as my Kittys feeling better, i will definitely contribute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

is this a blog?"
Welcome to TCS! I'm not sure what you're asking? Our site has many parts, including a blog. Most of the activity is in the forums though. 

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you live in the Northeast US? Do you still have power? Are you sick of looking at the four walls? Do some Purraising to pass the time!
Why dont people have power?
I like your post though. Very funny.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you live in the Northeast US? Do you still have power? Are you sick of looking at the four walls? Do some Purraising to pass the time! :D

Why dont people have power? :funpst: I like your post though. Very funny.
We've got a blizzard going on right now. The wind is crazy and people are starting to lose power. :(

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got a blizzard going on right now. The wind is crazy and people are starting to lose power.
Thats terrible.
I live in Miami, so obviously we dont have blizzards. But we do get power outages with hurrcanes. I remember one power outage that lasted months. It was a nightmare. We had to heat up water in a gas grill if we wanted to bathe with warm water, rather than the cold water that we had. But at least we had water. We had to do laundry at family members houses (who did have power), or wash by hand.

Hope the weather improves soon!

Last edited:

mattkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thats terrible.
I live in Miami, so obviously we dont have blizzards. But we do get power outages with hurrcanes. I remember one power outage that lasted months. It was a nightmare. We had to heat up water in a gas grill if we wanted to bathe with warm water, rather than the cold water that we had. But at least we had water. We had to do laundry at family members houses (who did have power), or wash by hand.

Hope the weather improves soon!

I was skiing recently in PA, and there was a whiteout. I couldn't see anything, except white, and faint lights.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I didn't even know there was a purraise button :doh3:
That's why we're having this contest :D I really hope it'll raise awareness to this great feature. It's such a quick and effective way to say "kudos!"

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So have we all Purraised today???

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

So have we all Purraised today???
Thanks for the bump!

Only two more days to go, so this is a great time to go over threads, read and purraise the best content created during February!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Are the three of them waiting for the next contest? 

We can start by congratulation Laurie on winning this contest

For March, we have our Picture of the Month contest (theme to be announced) so far. If you have ideas for more contests, feel free to drop me a private message, or even post here.