New Cats Not Getting Along with Resident Cats

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Due to unavoidable circumstances I brought home 2 cats my mom was taking care of (1.5 years old). They are male and female. I already have 2 cats of my own (1 year old). Also, male and female. Knowing my cats I let the cats loose and there was a bit of hissing and growling from my mom's cats but my cats were okay and kept approaching the other cats even after all the rejections. Day 2, the male cats did the nose boop and though my mom's cat does growl here and there they are okay for the most part. The problem is with my mom's female cat and my female cat. We are in day 3 and my mom's female cat is still hissing at all the cats, even her own brother. My male cat is the sweetest and not once hissed or growled at her yet I guess she wanted to be where my male cat was and attacked him. I've never seen his tail poof up so many times in a day. My female cat, on top of that, is picking a fight with the new cats. My cats play fight and wrestle all the time and it does get intense at times but they make up quickly after that so it never was a concern to me. Well... she wants to play fight with them too and they want none of that. My mom's cats have a clear alpha omega relationship with the male cat being the clear leader. In my case, it isn't so clear cut. I'm not sure if my cats can take anymore of the stress with the constant hissing, growling, and attacking. They are used to running around with free rein and now they are restricted to the places the new cats aren't there. Please help~

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Can you get some calming products? Feliway multicat may help, and there are these;

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
Bach Flower Remedies - Rescue Remedy Pets Dogs Cats Horses Birds

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

There is also a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking. The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats

This post talks about some other products;
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Can you get some calming products? Feliway multicat may help, and there are these;

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
Bach Flower Remedies - Rescue Remedy Pets Dogs Cats Horses Birds

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

There is also a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking. The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats

This post talks about some other products;
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to try them out and see which one is the most effective. I'm hoping the calming products will also solve the problem of them getting excited when I'm in the room and them competing for attention. Really appreciate the extensive list!