New cat possibly pregnant

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys
This is my first time posting anything. I will get straight to the point, my husband brought home Persian x ragdoll female she is almost 2 and a half years old (not spayed). I had her for about 10 days now. I really don’t have much info about her the only thing we know is her age and that she had kittens last year and what breed she is. I suspect that she is pregnant and I will explain why. So obviously first 3 days with us she was sitting mostly in her transporter cage when she got out she spend most of her time in one place and she was hissing when we walk past by and she was a friendly cat in her previous home but we didn’t think much of it as we thought it could be stress from moving. She settle down after 4 days and I can pet her and she’s not afraid of me. I notice from the beginning that her belly looked quite big but we didn’t think much of it as she was mostly hiding and I couldn’t see her properly, later when she was laying next to me I thought I saw some movements in her belly and her nipples are really big and dark pink almost red.
She had her belly hair shaved by previous owner so we can see everything clearly. She sleeps a lot like most of the time she only wakes up for food and to go to litter box and she found one spot in the room and she goes there a lot to sleep, I made her like nesting area when I notice the first movement in her stomach just in case and at the beginning she wasn’t interested in going there but one morning she walked around the room and found this spot and she’s been spending most of her time there on the blanket. She's eating good amount of food mostly she prefers wet pouches. Now for maybe 2-3 days she sometimes get rushes of energy and she runs around the room or play with ball or something for a bit and then go back to sleep, she also started grooming herself quite a lot for the past few days. I will attach pictures of her, I don’t have pictures of her nipples but I will try to take it but she doesn’t let me touch her belly so I can’t only take pic if she sleep on her side. Anyways I will appreciate any help and advice
Sorry for making this so long but I wanted to provide as much info as I can

(we have to wait for vet appointment as they only take emergency appointments due to COVID that’s why she haven’t been spayed and of course she will be but not if she’s pregnant)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is beautiful! She sounds pregnant to me, so preparing for kittens is a good idea. If you are seeing kitten movement she will likely be due in a couple of weeks. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! She sounds pregnant to me, so preparing for kittens is a good idea. If you are seeing kitten movement she will likely be due in a couple of weeks. Keep us posted!
Thanks for your reply. Yes she’s gorgeous I fell in love with her the first time I saw her even tho she didn’t really like me at the beginning well it was more like she didn’t know me and I think she was scared maybe because of the fact that she is pregnant because on the second day with us my husband tried to pet her close to her belly and she hit him as a warning. I got close with her and now I can pet her but mostly on her head and o her back little bit but she is very cautious of her belly.
I’m sure I have seen some movement in her belly.I already prepared birthing box for her and she love to sleep there. I also keep an eye on here in case I see any changes.
I don’t know how far along she could be but I read lots of post and watch videos onYouTube and apparently kitten movement are visible in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy
I will post regular updates here

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I managed to take pictures of their nipple last night. Is not the best quality because it was really late and dark but anyway.
CD29B731-384A-478D-9A7F-9A6615D36E1B.jpeg
68AC1BF2-B0CC-468A-87D6-E5472C47E12F.jpeg
CD29B731-384A-478D-9A7F-9A6615D36E1B.jpeg 68AC1BF2-B0CC-468A-87D6-E5472C47E12F.jpeg CD29B731-384A-478D-9A7F-9A6615D36E1B.jpeg

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, those look like pregnant nipples!
That’s what I thought, apparently she had kittens last year so I wasn’t sure is the nipples after having and feeding kittens would stay enlarged. She still eat a lot and rest most of the time but sometimes she have this rush of energy and runs around for a minute and than she goes back to sleep

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you plan to spay her after this litter?
Yes I am once the kittens are about 8 weeks old. She is indoor cat so there should be no problem for 2 months, I have another cat but she is also a female

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update

Mia is acting very affectionate towards me right now, usually she lets me pet her head but that’s about it but now I can cuddle her all over and she seems to be enjoying and she keeps purring. She also been going in and out of our little dog crate which we keep in a room just in case but she didn’t usually like going there but I notice today since morning she’s been resting there for short periods of time

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, so Mia is finally in labor. She had 2 kittens so far l, they were born about 45 mins apart. She didn’t cut the umbilical cord from the second kitten, he’s still attached to placenta, the kitten is nursing but I’m bit worried. How long should I leave it before I have to cut it?

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she did it. But it took her about an hour so I was bit worried but didn’t want to disturb her. So far babies are doing good, I don’t think she is done yet as her belly was big so we are waiting for the rest of them to be delivered 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Pramathesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she did it. But it took her about an hour so I was bit worried but didn’t want to disturb her. So far babies are doing good, I don’t think she is done yet as her belly was big so we are waiting for the rest of them to be delivered 🤞🏻🤞🏻
All the best.

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little update on Mia. She had 4 kittens yesterday, 2 white and 2 ginger
1st one was born at 3pm the 2nd at 4pm the 3rd at 5:54pm and the last one at 9:40pm
The kittens are healthy and beautiful 😻 mum is also doing great

Attachments

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Cute!!! Make sure to weigh them everyday!
Yes they are gorgeous 🥰🥰 I am doing it everyday, they are growing nicely. Mia is such a good mummy she keeps feeding them whenever they want.

Attachments