New cat Lunar and her funny ear tufts

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, we now have a new kitten called Lunar. The advert said she was half ragdoll but whether this is true or not I am unsure.

She is a grey coloured tabby with a bullseye marking with a white chest and white paws. The funny thing about her is this strange little spiky ear tufts that are under her ears to the side. I think she will be a long haired to cat but just wondering what the ear tufts are all about

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Without seeing the supposed ragdolls’ parents papers, she’s a black classic tabby and white DLH. People will often lie about their kittens bring pedigree (or half pedigree) to make them more appealing/be able to sell them for more. I don’t see any features in her that makes it likely for her to have significant ancestry. It doesn’t make her any less special 🙂
The tufts will probably visually go away with age as the rest of her ruff (neck fur) grows in.
You can see thar Chips has similar tufts, they’re just less visible
57FFD603-6665-46A3-9AE6-72C41EF47E7F.jpeg

Unless you separate out his cheek fur anyway 😆 he has long tufts higher up his neck when his coat is in season, similar to your kittens’ 🙂

43B5B6FD-9A22-48FA-BD82-B1C773E37F2E.jpeg

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
That type of ear tuft is fairly common in longhair cats. As Maurey Maurey said, it's not indicative of any particular breed. I don't see any Ragdoll features in her. Without a known pedigree she's considered a Domestic Longhair.

I love how clear the bullsllleye pattern is on her side. It's often difficult to see in longhair cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, we love her bullseye xxx

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she is gorgeous ❤ I think she is a dlh brown classic tabby tux bicolor with possible forest cat ancestry. I don’t see any ragdoll either. A cat could still have some ancestry and not look like the breed, even pb cats do not always automatically match a breed standard.

Lh cats can get much floofier over a 2 year period as they grow. Most lh cats do have the ear tufts. Merlin who is a dsh had ear tufts and is extra fluffy for a sh. He has very thick fur and I love running my hands through his fur 😀

Reevesfam88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks similar to the kitten we just got - also a ragdoll x
Mum was definitely a ragdoll, she is a half sibling of our other cat who is a pure bred ragdoll - same breeders, same mother but was sired by their other male ragdoll). Our new boys dad is supposedly a Siberian (tabby markings), although I’m not 100% on that as he doesn’t seem fluffy enough as yet. Time will tell I guess. You wouldn’t know our boy was half ragdoll, but there was 1 kitten in the litter who did take after Mum - I’ve added the photo of her too to show the difference in them.

Attachments

Reevesfam88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks similar to the kitten we just got - also a ragdoll x
Mum was definitely a ragdoll, she is a half sibling of our other cat who is a pure bred ragdoll - same breeders, same mother but was sired by their other male ragdoll). Our new boys dad is supposedly a Siberian (tabby markings), although I’m not 100% on that as he doesn’t seem fluffy enough as yet. Time will tell I guess. You wouldn’t know our boy was half ragdoll, but there was 1 kitten in the litter who did take after Mum - I’ve added the photo of her too to show the difference in them.
I should add that our boy is the grey one - same kitten as the one in the bucket - his markings have become more prominent now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is soooo silky, her fur is gorgeous 😍 the softest cat ever 💗