New cat Lolli, FIV positive, and our other 2 cats. Now what?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any adoption forms that we know of deep inside these forums? Liability waivers? I don't want to be sued (or less chance of being sued) if he nips the next caregiver, or harms another pet.
I’m not sure if there are any here, maybe post and ask. Here is one I found. I think local rescue groups may be able to give advice on liability.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any adoption forms that we know of deep inside these forums? Liability waivers? I don't want to be sued (or less chance of being sued) if he nips the next caregiver, or harms another pet.
How is Lolli? Did he get a new home with the interested adopter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, hi! He's on my lap as I type this, and purring about as loud as I've ever heard a cat purr. Still hoping a re-homing is possible. Just getting less likely as we move forward. My wife still won't get near him. Still a bit wild, but can be butter in my arms most of the time. The moving him between bedrooms and bathroom 4 times a day is bothersome, and I still feel horrible about keeping him, in essence, in jail every day. Just ain't right. But he's alive, is loved, is not in a (kill) shelter, and not freezing to death outside.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, hi! He's on my lap as I type this, and purring about as loud as I've ever heard a cat purr. Still hoping a re-homing is possible. Just getting less likely as we move forward. My wife still won't get near him. Still a bit wild, but can be butter in my arms most of the time. The moving him between bedrooms and bathroom 4 times a day is bothersome, and I still feel horrible about keeping him, in essence, in jail every day. Just ain't right. But he's alive, is loved, is not in a (kill) shelter, and not freezing to death outside.
Glad to hear he is ok and still with you! I hope in time he will be more tame etc. 🙏🏻 Looking forward to updates😊

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cats with leukemia. One diagnosed, the others most likey have it too because they have all been outside cats at one time, though now strictly insdoors. I have pulled one through severe URI's now twice. I have had no reoccurances since keeping all of them indoors now to reduce the chances of viruses. He was as close to death as you could be......
I give all Lysine Plus treats now with DMG to keep their immune systems up after contacting the company and seeing if it was the same DMG that is in their liquid and a LOT more expensive, it was. Two treats in the morning, and one at night to give them the same dose as the liquid. It wouldn't hurt. I also keep Feline Nose Relief around, that seemed to help also. Going on 6 months now and everything normal. They are all 5-6 years old. I would think your elderly girls most likely have been exposed to the virus and survived, most cats have, especially if they have been outdoors. As long as your boy gets neutered and they get along, everything should be fine. It is NOT a death sentence as most say, With supportive help when tehy do get sick, many cats live for years with it. I pray mine and yours will too!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cats with leukemia. One diagnosed, the others most likey have it too because they have all been outside cats at one time, though now strictly insdoors. I have pulled one through severe URI's now twice. I have had no reoccurances since keeping all of them indoors now to reduce the chances of viruses. He was as close to death as you could be......
I give all Lysine Plus treats now with DMG to keep their immune systems up after contacting the company and seeing if it was the same DMG that is in their liquid and a LOT more expensive, it was. Two treats in the morning, and one at night to give them the same dose as the liquid. It wouldn't hurt. I also keep Feline Nose Relief around, that seemed to help also. Going on 6 months now and everything normal. They are all 5-6 years old. I would think your elderly girls most likely have been exposed to the virus and survived, most cats have, especially if they have been outdoors. As long as your boy gets neutered and they get along, everything should be fine. It is NOT a death sentence as most say, With supportive help when tehy do get sick, many cats live for years with it. I pray mine and yours will too!
Lolli is fiv + he doesn't have felv/ leukemia. Do you mean your cats have felv or fiv? My Wizard lived to 19-20 with fiv and I never treated him for it because he could not tolerate most meds and supplements.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lolli lives upstairs in a few rooms because he has hurt one of our other elderly cats. We will have Junebug tested for FIV next time she's in. There's a chance he might have bit her deep enough to infect her. Maybe some day I'll post a photo of her post-surgery, but really, you all don't want to see that. He will never be friendly with them. We've been all through the gentle introduction routines. He just wants to kill them. I don't (much) hold that against him (my wife does) because the way of the street was to intimidate, fight, protect food and territory, no matter what. It is in his DNA. He's getting more gentle with me, but that's about it. He was getting feisty and ready to whack me the other night and he checked the bite/whack, or whatever he was about to do and put himself in his own time out, even before I dumped him off my lap. So he's learning not to be a jerk, kinda. All day he dreams of when I come home so I can take him into my room and cuddle with him. He sleeps in total peace besides me at night. 90% of the time he is just wonderful and cuddly. 10% of the time he's a punk. I call that "personality."

Yet, with other cats, the mix is bad. The stress on us is pretty large, because it is a heck of a lot of work shuttling him between rooms without him jumping out of our arms and running downstairs to create mayhem. There are encounters under the doors every now and then, because our two girls are still too curious of what Lolli is up to behind what used to be their spaces. I know there are people out there that are more than willing to take up a cat challenge such as Lolli, but none have come forward, and I don't blame them one bit, because he is a handful. But even with all of the check marks against him, I love the guy. I still have no idea of what the future holds for him, but I hope he eventually gains more freedom of movement and can become a proper house cat. He deserves better than what we can offer him. But what we have given him here is so much better than his dangerous life outside was like.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lolli lives upstairs in a few rooms because he has hurt one of our other elderly cats. We will have Junebug tested for FIV next time she's in. There's a chance he might have bit her deep enough to infect her. Maybe some day I'll post a photo of her post-surgery, but really, you all don't want to see that. He will never be friendly with them. We've been all through the gentle introduction routines. He just wants to kill them. I don't (much) hold that against him (my wife does) because the way of the street was to intimidate, fight, protect food and territory, no matter what. It is in his DNA. He's getting more gentle with me, but that's about it. He was getting feisty and ready to whack me the other night and he checked the bite/whack, or whatever he was about to do and put himself in his own time out, even before I dumped him off my lap. So he's learning not to be a jerk, kinda. All day he dreams of when I come home so I can take him into my room and cuddle with him. He sleeps in total peace besides me at night. 90% of the time he is just wonderful and cuddly. 10% of the time he's a punk. I call that "personality."

Yet, with other cats, the mix is bad. The stress on us is pretty large, because it is a heck of a lot of work shuttling him between rooms without him jumping out of our arms and running downstairs to create mayhem. There are encounters under the doors every now and then, because our two girls are still too curious of what Lolli is up to behind what used to be their spaces. I know there are people out there that are more than willing to take up a cat challenge such as Lolli, but none have come forward, and I don't blame them one bit, because he is a handful. But even with all of the check marks against him, I love the guy. I still have no idea of what the future holds for him, but I hope he eventually gains more freedom of movement and can become a proper house cat. He deserves better than what we can offer him. But what we have given him here is so much better than his dangerous life outside was like.
Wow sounds like a lot to handle, I admire you. I would find it hard to forgive a cat who injured one of my cats badly. I hope things will get easier in time, it must be so hard managing all of it. I had to seperate Quinn and Syb and it was awful. He was jumping on her etc. but not injuring her.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lolli is currently heeding the public health warnings and is reluctantly sheltering in place, though he is only somewhat aware of what is going on out there and what's in the news these days.

There are still times that Lolli acts like a jerk, yet he is slightly gaining more domestic qualities week by week. We are now resigned to believe that he is our cat and not a temporary resident. My wife still isn't all in on that, nor are our other cats, but with what is happening in the news, it has got to be a very tough year for shelters, pets, adoptions and fostering. I joke about the shelter in place situation above (what? too soon?) but it is true. We're days away from a mandatory S-I-P state-wide or national ruling, but in this case, any attempts to re-home Lolli will either have to wait a very long time or the point will become academic. He's here, has been now for 6 months, and he likely will be for the duration.

Met with a handyman/carpenter friend about installing a sliding door to isolate the upstairs from the downstairs to either give him the ability to roam more freely among a few rooms, and to largely curtail escape attempts to the downstairs to kill the other two. There have been two escapes since I last posted; no real harm to any cat, but there was a blur of flying fur, screaming (also human referees screaming) and deep concern. Ever try to break up a terrible cat fight by placing your arm in between possessed cats? There were injuries, but the cats came out of it OK.

Most of the time he looks at me lovingly with those eyes. Or, sometimes (infrequently) he looks and stares like the devil at me ready to whack at me. He's all cat, that's for sure. Lolli continues to want my lap and curl up in a tight ball and coo and purr loudly, or nap on the bed until it is time to move to another room so I can get to sleep. The weather is getting better and it will soon be time to give another try at harnessing him up for a walk around the yard. We both can't wait for that to happen.

OK, there is something else I have noticed about him, and have never seen another cat do. There's a litter box in all of his current three rooms. In two of those rooms are either a tile or a hardwood floor. There are no litter catch mats under the box in either of those two rooms. He is very clean and a great litter box user but when he is done and there might be some clay bits that land outside the box, he exits the box, looks around carefully, and with his paw he pushes the stray bits back under the box to clean the floor around it, minimizing a broom sweeping by us later. Either this is an instinct I've never noticed in others, or this guy is thinking this through to keep his room clean. Am I crazy to think that?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He is very clean and a great litter box user but when he is done and there might be some clay bits that land outside the box, he exits the box, looks around carefully, and with his paw he pushes the stray bits back under the box to clean the floor around it, minimizing a broom sweeping by us later. Either this is an instinct I've never noticed in others, or this guy is thinking this through to keep his room clean. Am I crazy to think that?
Cats that have survived outdoors are often very fastidious. It's a matter of life and death for them to hide their smell from other predators and any potential prey that may be in that area. He's probably trying to bury the slight traces of his own smell that cling to the cat litter, which is why he makes those scraping motions with his paw.

So yeah, he is trying to keep his room as clean as possible, you're not crazy to think that.

He sounds like a good 'un. I'm glad you can see that in him, in spite of his aggressive side.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lolli is currently heeding the public health warnings and is reluctantly sheltering in place, though he is only somewhat aware of what is going on out there and what's in the news these days.

There are still times that Lolli acts like a jerk, yet he is slightly gaining more domestic qualities week by week. We are now resigned to believe that he is our cat and not a temporary resident. My wife still isn't all in on that, nor are our other cats, but with what is happening in the news, it has got to be a very tough year for shelters, pets, adoptions and fostering. I joke about the shelter in place situation above (what? too soon?) but it is true. We're days away from a mandatory S-I-P state-wide or national ruling, but in this case, any attempts to re-home Lolli will either have to wait a very long time or the point will become academic. He's here, has been now for 6 months, and he likely will be for the duration.

Met with a handyman/carpenter friend about installing a sliding door to isolate the upstairs from the downstairs to either give him the ability to roam more freely among a few rooms, and to largely curtail escape attempts to the downstairs to kill the other two. There have been two escapes since I last posted; no real harm to any cat, but there was a blur of flying fur, screaming (also human referees screaming) and deep concern. Ever try to break up a terrible cat fight by placing your arm in between possessed cats? There were injuries, but the cats came out of it OK.

Most of the time he looks at me lovingly with those eyes. Or, sometimes (infrequently) he looks and stares like the devil at me ready to whack at me. He's all cat, that's for sure. Lolli continues to want my lap and curl up in a tight ball and coo and purr loudly, or nap on the bed until it is time to move to another room so I can get to sleep. The weather is getting better and it will soon be time to give another try at harnessing him up for a walk around the yard. We both can't wait for that to happen.

OK, there is something else I have noticed about him, and have never seen another cat do. There's a litter box in all of his current three rooms. In two of those rooms are either a tile or a hardwood floor. There are no litter catch mats under the box in either of those two rooms. He is very clean and a great litter box user but when he is done and there might be some clay bits that land outside the box, he exits the box, looks around carefully, and with his paw he pushes the stray bits back under the box to clean the floor around it, minimizing a broom sweeping by us later. Either this is an instinct I've never noticed in others, or this guy is thinking this through to keep his room clean. Am I crazy to think that?
That is good he is improving. I hope in time he will become less aggressive to the other kitties. Great to have a sliding door! So strange that he is so docile and then turns so aggressive, have you tried meds? Is it safe to walk him?
I have never seen that with the litter, that is cute, my guys are very messy. I think he is trying to cover up the smell prolly like they normally do.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is good he is improving. I hope in time he will become less aggressive to the other kitties. Great to have a sliding door! So strange that he is so docile and then turns so aggressive, have you tried meds? Is it safe to walk him?
I have never seen that with the litter, that is cute, my guys are very messy. I think he is trying to cover up the smell prolly like they normally do.
Still working on the less aggressive part - to humans! If he's on my lap and gets those wild eyes, I kick him off because he's about to have a spontaneous regression moment. I have scars. And I'm OK with those - just part of the contract. He is given half of a calming treat 90 minutes before he moves into my room for the night. Any sooner, he's still buzzed and I know there's going to be trouble. And when he is calmed down, he's wonderful. Then he doesn't want to leave for the next room in the rotation, because he'll be in there alone. He would rather be with me, whether he is on my lap or sleeping on the bed (or floor) than anywhere else. Trying to teach him that wild is just not OK close to me. A work in progress.

The door, once it is installed (and I don't know what this virus scare delay is going to do to our construction plans), is to forever keep him away from the other two as long as the older cats are alive. Just can't risk it anymore. Walking him? Yes. As long as the other cats are put away somewhere and he can't see them while he's going out or coming back in. We harness him up, carry him down and outside or he just thinks he's going downstairs. Once outside, he kinda putters around very slowly around the house a full lap and smells the pine bushes and the air, kicks dirt, scratches trunks, and stares into the yard, his old hunting grounds. He must dream about that often, and I feel very sorry for him that he can't participate in that lifestyle anymore.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still working on the less aggressive part - to humans! If he's on my lap and gets those wild eyes, I kick him off because he's about to have a spontaneous regression moment. I have scars. And I'm OK with those - just part of the contract. He is given half of a calming treat 90 minutes before he moves into my room for the night. Any sooner, he's still buzzed and I know there's going to be trouble. And when he is calmed down, he's wonderful. Then he doesn't want to leave for the next room in the rotation, because he'll be in there alone. He would rather be with me, whether he is on my lap or sleeping on the bed (or floor) than anywhere else. Trying to teach him that wild is just not OK close to me. A work in progress.

The door, once it is installed (and I don't know what this virus scare delay is going to do to our construction plans), is to forever keep him away from the other two as long as the older cats are alive. Just can't risk it anymore. Walking him? Yes. As long as the other cats are put away somewhere and he can't see them while he's going out or coming back in. We harness him up, carry him down and outside or he just thinks he's going downstairs. Once outside, he kinda putters around very slowly around the house a full lap and smells the pine bushes and the air, kicks dirt, scratches trunks, and stares into the yard, his old hunting grounds. He must dream about that often, and I feel very sorry for him that he can't participate in that lifestyle anymore.
That is great he can do the harness etc. yep the virus has taken over life, it is a terrifying situation. I am working from home and not going out at all because I am high risk. I hope you can get the door done. I guess they are all different how they feel about it. Merlin seems to be very happy to be an indoor cat now, he is so happy. he escaped once but he came back tg, he was trying to eat the dood I put out for the outdoor guys and since then I shake a can before I feed the other cats and he runs away. He does like to watch them eat. I am super careful about going out now etc. I hope Lolli becomes more tame. I would still think about the meds maybe.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am also the age where I am vulnerable, yet I work at a grocery store, so we're being as careful as possible in these times. Glad that Merlin is happy inside.

I'm never sure that Lolli is happy, as he never has a happy face. Always looks serious. He's 2 years old this month and so has entered his teenage years. He went out today, which was good, since the weather has been crap for the last two weeks. He was excited as soon as the harness went on. He knows what that means and didn't even want to suck down his food first, which is odd. He had an agenda. Also odd is that once he is out the back door, he acts like he immediately want to go back in. Once he settles down, then he'll be ready to explore. Usually only a half hour max and he's had enough. He did act very happy to be out, even though it was a short trip.

He's still a jerk. Yet he can also be very loving and gentile. I am beginning to believe he is bi-polar. Is that possible in cats?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww he looks very happy there to me❤ Funny about his wanting back in😹 I guess he is worried he may have to stay. After his escape Merlin shows no sign of wanting out again, but he likes to watch his old buddies eating etc. I make sure I shake the can at him if he is near when I put food out. Merlin is on the bed right now, such a happy boy. I hope in time Ollie will become tamer, it can take a long time. Maybe a behaviorist? Or def meds.
I think they can have def bipolar like mood swings, Quinn has that a bit when he goes into his cray mode. But he is not as violent as Ollie with real bites etc. unfortunately Merlin is the one who gets attacked by Quinn now, so sometimes I defend Merlin when he gets too crazy.
325FB8A6-00C0-4B3F-8AE6-B14F915CFD96.jpeg

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does Merlin go out solo or on a leash? Lolli feels safer when he is attached via the leash and harness since he knows I or my wife are right there with him and he knows we can't leave him out there alone. He will shelter himself under my legs or lay on my foot for safety in between ventures under the bushes or to smell or bunt at his favorite spots. Such a change from when he was the top predator of the neighborhood a year ago. He remembers all too well there's tougher stuff out there that could hurt him. He didn't hiss at the world today or he forgot to. When he goes outside, we need to hide the other cats on our front screened-in porch or else he will go nuts if he gets a glimpse of either of them.

A behaviorist sounds great, but I can't think the wild will ever leave Lolli totally. Just his character. I like to think he'll eventually learn to chill more with age. He tried to bite my arm tonight, hard, but I had the leather coat on and the tough gloves and also my glasses, so.... Ha! Thwarted. He's predictable actually. When he changes rooms and is with me at night, he always starts off with nervous energy and takes a half hour to settle down. :runaround: That's when the gloves and coat can come off because he alters his behavior into lovable clinging purring kitten. :catlove: I can't blame him for the energy and mood swings as he spends most of his days in another bedroom bored out of his skull. I always mix a chill treat into his 10pm meal. Sometimes that works - sometimes not.

He was just on my lap curled up in a ball and is now sleeping or pretending to sleep on my bed before he goes back into yet another room for the change-out. Three rooms at the moment. If and when the barricade door goes up, then it will be a part-time four room Lolli suite. I won't let him sleep with me because I'm afraid he'll claw my eyes out of my head or puncture my jugular vein, and he is capable of doing just that when he's moody. ;-)
EDIT: Found this to demonstrate

Last edited:

DesperateMistrustful

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've read through this thread and I'm so glad you ended up keeping Lolli despite it not being an ideal situation. I know he appreciates it from the bottom of his heart. You're very brave to not only be working in a grocery at this time but also taking in a feral boy.

Chilling more with age is exactly what happened to two of my very aggressive boys. One was feral and the other was abandoned by an abusive home. The latter has separation anxiety and the behavior you describe; he will be a loving lap kitty one moment, asking for pets and kisses, then suddenly turn around and try to bite or scratch the crap out of you. He seems very confused that such attacks are not appreciated which means he really just wants to play and this is the only way he knows how. I think he was very poorly socialized.

At first I attempted to combat the aggression by verbally scolding him--alpha behavior that worked with the feral cat (who's the sweetest guy now and rubs on strangers)--but this one is VERY anxious. Anything except gentle and calm behavior makes him more upset and I've come to the conclusion that he has a severe anxiety disorder. He also just wants to hunt and play without knowing where the limits are. He has and will attack other cats viciously out of nowhere.

Nowadays when he gets those crazy eyes and looks like he's thinking about attacking, I gently say no and give him lots of praise (and pets when willing) as long as he's not attacking. The moment typically passes if he's not in a territorial situation and it only happens about twice a month. I also try to use up all his energy as often as I can so he doesn't take it out on other cats or passing ankles. Do you have toys that he likes to play with? It'll be harder to run down the energy levels of a younger cat but these days I just throw a ball down the hall for three minutes and he's tuckered out (he probably really should play more haha). Make sure any toys that could hurt him unsupervised are stored away when he's alone, like string wands that could cause choking. I'd also try catnip to chill him out a little if he's a catnip boy. Does he have a warm window with a view when he's alone? Maybe install a bird feeder outside of it if possible so he has something to watch.

It sounds like he's mistrustful of you when he sees you again, then remembers you mean him no harm. I really hope you can get the door installed soon so he can get more attention, it would probably go a long way!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does Merlin go out solo or on a leash? Lolli feels safer when he is attached via the leash and harness since he knows I or my wife are right there with him and he knows we can't leave him out there alone. He will shelter himself under my legs or lay on my foot for safety in between ventures under the bushes or to smell or bunt at his favorite spots. Such a change from when he was the top predator of the neighborhood a year ago. He remembers all too well there's tougher stuff out there that could hurt him. He didn't hiss at the world today or he forgot to. When he goes outside, we need to hide the other cats on our front screened-in porch or else he will go nuts if he gets a glimpse of either of them.

A behaviorist sounds great, but I can't think the wild will ever leave Lolli totally. Just his character. I like to think he'll eventually learn to chill more with age. He tried to bite my arm tonight, hard, but I had the leather coat on and the tough gloves and also my glasses, so.... Ha! Thwarted. He's predictable actually. When he changes rooms and is with me at night, he always starts off with nervous energy and takes a half hour to settle down. :runaround: That's when the gloves and coat can come off because he alters his behavior into lovable clinging purring kitten. :catlove: I can't blame him for the energy and mood swings as he spends most of his days in another bedroom bored out of his skull. I always mix a chill treat into his 10pm meal. Sometimes that works - sometimes not.

He was just on my lap curled up in a ball and is now sleeping or pretending to sleep on my bed before he goes back into yet another room for the change-out. Three rooms at the moment. If and when the barricade door goes up, then it will be a part-time four room Lolli suite. I won't let him sleep with me because I'm afraid he'll claw my eyes out of my head or puncture my jugular vein, and he is capable of doing just that when he's moody. ;-)
EDIT: Found this to demonstrate
Merlin is totally indoors only now. He doesn’t go out anymore at all and he is very happy as an indoor cat. Because he did escape once when I was putting food out for my outdoor cats which he used to be I have a coffee can filled with coins I shake to scare him away from the door if he is there just in case. He was hungry that night, he was trying to eat the food I put out for them. He is pretty much food obsessed and will screech at me to feed him a lot. He also runs right in front of me when feeding and sometimes at other times. I have almost tripped a few times with him and Quinn running right in front of me suddenly when they are wrestling etc. And they body slam me too, Quinn just jumped on my plate of food earlier today, paw right in the middle😳 I was very upset. A reprimand made him retreat to sit on mom’s chair and many meows about how he didn't really mean it😹

That must be scary if you are scared to let Lolli sleep with you, I hope that changes. I am so relieved that Merlin has learned to be totally tame now. He is starting to let me lift him up a bit to hug and lets me clip claws more easily, but I never try to lift him up completely, he hates that. He loves belly rubs which Quinn is very jealous of because he hates them.

The walks are a good idea, does he play at all? Maybe some wand toys to get him running around or a cat wheel. Cute video😹

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could do some research and start them all on DMG to keep their immune systems up. I have FeLV cats and so far, 6 months of being on DMG, they are all doing fine. They were getting terribly sick every three months or so. I just give 1/2 cc mixed in a little lickable treat every morning.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lolli update. He is still calming down with very little agressive behavior remaining. Probably means that his hormones are chilling since he got fixed 3/4 of a year ago. And probably plus some age and less anxiety with total familiarity with his surroundings. He's lived in the house now for 10 months. We still can't let him be near the other two, Junebug and Ember. Lolli has his own bedroom with everything he needs save total house freedom. Oh, we can trim his nails now! This is a milestone.

Every day, he goes outside on his leash. When he sees the harness, he instantly calms down, pauses, crouches down on the floor until it is on him, which I think is incredible. We let him explore the house first, but he usually rushes to the back door. His room overlooks the back yard and he's often seen in the window looking out on his old 'hood. At night, he spends his time with me in my room.

Now, something incredible, and somewhat disturbing has happened. Quick replay of the last couple years. Two years ago, this week, there were 4 kittens and their feral mom-cat in our neighborhood. One grey kitten got lost down the sewer in a storm, whom we helped save with assistance from the town's public works department people being heros getting him untrapped from an impending rainstorm, in which the little guy, whom we named "Storm," did not drown. We got him to a shelter later that day and he got adopted shortly thereafter. (We should have adopted him). Next up was Lolli, who kept coming over to our house and ended up staying. He's next to me sleeping as I type.

One kitten disappeared, and we presumed didn't make it.

The black kitten remained feral and has a multi-neighborhood roaming area.

Now, two years later, the black feral cat has had kittens somewhere behind our house and is nearby, safe, we hope. Last time all four of her kits were seen was two weeks ago. One has been abandoned, and is living under our neighbors porch, which is where Lolli lived his first year after he, too, got abandoned.

Alas, here we are again with another kitten, which we are now attempting to befriend, feed, and hopefully trap or grab so that it can get to a shelter, and to a forever home. So this is Lolli's nephew (or neice). The universe keeps giving us cats to take care of, or word is out in the cat world that this is a good place to be. But we are a bit overwhelmed. We don't want to risk this little one braving the elements for long like Lolli did his first year and a half. I still can't imagine how he survived 3 days of -25 temps.

Every day a fox and a coyote run through looking for food. The busy street is less busy during COVID, but still deadly to cross, and is 50 feet away from where the porch is. Time is critical. Praying this all works out and asking for vibes that we can save yet another little life.

Pics of the kitten when I can find him sitting still.