New cat joined the family, unique color

nobuthegeneral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, you all met Nobu last time, and helped me figure out he was a smoke black tabby.
I found he was lonely, so I adopted another cat.
Here she is, she is called Filipa, she is very oddly coloured white and black with some cream spotting.
What kind of breed would she be? Some tabby white and black kind?

I thought it would be nice to have an opposit colored cat so I have no clothing choices xD!!cat hair will be everywhere.

She is six months old, about 3kg but looks quite long for her age.
Nobu in contrast is 8 months old and 4.5kg.. oops x:)

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nobuthegeneral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah as for her eyes in pictures they look like a steel grey yellow
but if you look it's kind of steel yellow and around the iris is a line of blue but the blue doesn't fill the eye.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat cannot be smoke and tabby, it’s one of the other.
Your cat appears to be a black silver tabby, with some tarnish as is common in silvers. Domestic shorthair is the ‘breed’

nobuthegeneral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, are you talking about the white cat or the black cat? xD

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, you all met Nobu last time, and helped me figure out he was a smoke black tabby.
I found he was lonely, so I adopted another cat.
Here she is, she is called Filipa, she is very oddly coloured white and black with some cream spotting.
What kind of breed would she be? Some tabby white and black kind?

I thought it would be nice to have an opposit colored cat so I have no clothing choices xD!!cat hair will be everywhere.

She is six months old, about 3kg but looks quite long for her age.
Nobu in contrast is 8 months old and 4.5kg.. oops x:)
Filipa is super beautiful 😻 I think you said Nobu was determined to be black smoke if I understood what you wrote correctly. I think she is a dsh silver tabby, it looks like she has spots in the last pic, but it also looks like a broken mackerel pattern to me maybe. Lol about the clothes. I wear mostly dark clothes and when Merlin rubs against me as he does frequently his lighter fur is all over. Quinn is a sealpoint but mostly lighter too. I will check her eyes again, I didn’t see any blue.

Last edited:

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, are you talking about the white cat or the black cat? xD
The light cat is black silver tabby and the dark cat is black smoke. A cat can’t be tabby smoke. Smoke and silver are caused by the same gene. Smoke is the inhibitor gene without agouti (tabby), and silver is inhibitor with agouti.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Filipa is a diluted spotted tabby and tortie, so a diluted spotted torbie.

More light than the usual. Perhaps some silver in the fry to explain the lightness.

I agree the blackie isnt true tabby, its ghost marking. Common in solid colored cats; more or less visible.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah his coat in certain lights has a tabby pattern hence why I called it a tabby smoke but that's interesting. Thank you for the info.
He does seem to have more tabby markings than the usual ghosting you see 😀 in a black smoke maybe, I can’t recall seeing that before. In one of your first pics though they were not visible but I could see the white roots. Looks so cool 😻

nobuthegeneral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He does seem to have more tabby markings than the usual ghosting you see 😀 in a black smoke maybe, I can’t recall seeing that before. In one of your first pics though they were not visible but I could see the white roots. Looks so cool 😻
Thanks for the replies everyone. When he was a kitten he had the full markings, and he's 8 months now. Depending on his hair cycle we can see more and then another month less, but then more again.

Here is the first photo of him standing, he is 2 months old, 2 1/2 months in the on the back photo and 3 months in my arms :) He's just so cute.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies everyone. When he was a kitten he had the full markings, and he's 8 months now. Depending on his hair cycle we can see more and then another month less, but then more again.

Here is the first photo of him standing, he is 2 months old, 2 1/2 months in the on the back photo and 3 months in my arms :) He's just so cute.
Wow, he is gorgeous😻 I love his tabby ghosting. They look like opposites of each other a bit too. I have been noticing my Merlin who is a ginger tabby has been getting a bit faded on his body so his stripes aren’t as noticeable now there. I have to post about that and see what people think may be going on.

nobuthegeneral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, he is gorgeous😻 I love his tabby ghosting. They look like opposites of each other a bit too. I have been noticing my Merlin who is a ginger tabby has been getting a bit faded on his body so his stripes aren’t as noticeable now there. I have to post about that and see what people think may be going on.
Nobu is 1 year old this month and I wanted to post an update :) he grew his hair a little longer, and he has more "dimension" and more regal looking now. I think he's 6kg/13lbs. When he's walking can't really see the weight, but this angle it looks like more. His tabby smokiness has grown in more, and it's beautiful. I am thinking his grey hairs will show more as time goes on to reveal more of his tabby pattern he had as a kitten. I am not really sure these are considered ghost markings anymore.
Here's some pictures :)
noburegal - Copy.jpeg
nobyregal2 - Copy.jpeg