New cat daddy on the block!

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! :cool2:

I just purchased my very first cat ever and I dreamed of this moment for over 15 years! I wanted a dog and a cat for a long time and due to allergies and living arrangements I could not get either until now!

A dog would probably be something I am ready for financially and responsibly once I have a partner who lives with me but for now I am savoring the moment and CANNOT WAIT to get my new kitten! :hyper:

It is 1 day old and we don't even know the sex yet but it seems to be a mix between American Long Hair and Chartreux with the color being the Chartreux one.

I am trying to come up with names now and have a little help from friends and family. I am so excited just thinking "This moment is when I made a special friend/companion who will be with me over 10 years and even closer to 20 years hopefully. Just positively overwhelming and making me smile. :redheartpump:

I started a thread in Cat Health if anyone wants to give me their 2 cents.

All the best! :wave3:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! :cool2:

I just purchased my very first cat ever and I dreamed of this moment for over 15 years! I wanted a dog and a cat for a long time and due to allergies and living arrangements I could not get either until now!

A dog would probably be something I am ready for financially and responsibly once I have a partner who lives with me but for now I am savoring the moment and CANNOT WAIT to get my new kitten! :hyper:

It is 1 day old and we don't even know the sex yet but it seems to be a mix between American Long Hair and Chartreux with the color being the Chartreux one.

I am trying to come up with names now and have a little help from friends and family. I am so excited just thinking "This moment is when I made a special friend/companion who will be with me over 10 years and even closer to 20 years hopefully. Just positively overwhelming and making me smile.

I started a thread in Cat Health if anyone wants to give me their 2 cents.

All the best! :wave3:
Wow congratulations! A cat and a dog will fill your life with love, smiles and endless cuddles. For now, enjoy the kitty while there is still no doggie. I used to be a dog person only. Now I am hooked with these felines, too. :lol:

And take lots of photos. These rascals grow up too fast. :redheartpump:

Looking forward to more posts from you.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-731719.gif
Mr_Kitty and new fur ball, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-676454.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of your new kitty and show us once it arrives home :camera::camera::camera:

Since this is your first cat, do read the articles below to help yourself on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

And a link to cats name :- how-to-choose-the-best-name-for-your-new-cat

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a soon to be New Cat Daddy. :petcat:

Looking forward to seeing pics once you get some. :catlove:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I love both cats and dogs too. One of our cats bonded very closely with our dog but all have coexisted well. We're excited that you will soon have a kitten to join your family. Do you know when you will be bringing him or her home? Regarding names, it's good to make a list but you may want to wait until the kitten lives with you to get a better idea about their personality/temperament. Best of luck and please keep us posted.:goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello and welcome ! you will love having a cat lol
I bet I will! Thank you!

Hi Mr. Kitty! Welcome and I'm so happy for you. :hyper::hyper:

You'll come up with a great name!
I really hope so haha. Thank you!

Wow congratulations! A cat and a dog will fill your life with love, smiles and endless cuddles. For now, enjoy the kitty while there is still no doggie. I used to be a dog person only. Now I am hooked with these felines, too. :lol:

And take lots of photos. These rascals grow up too fast. :redheartpump:

Looking forward to more posts from you.
I can only imagine right now what it is like having 1 or 2 cats in the house and a dog on top of that haha. Probably so much work until it becomes a second nature.

I will be taking so many photos and videos and I just recently got a super amazing new phone so they'll be high quality :)

View attachment 364382 Mr_Kitty and new fur ball, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 364383 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of your new kitty and show us once it arrives home :camera::camera::camera:

Since this is your first cat, do read the articles below to help yourself on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

And a link to cats name :- how-to-choose-the-best-name-for-your-new-cat

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
Omg such a great reply!!! Thank you for ALL of this amazing information!!! I honestly feel so lucky that I found this community. Everyone here is so selfless and so experienced and really really cares.

I will be flooding you all with photos and videos haha, just gotta organize what I already have that was sent to me and what I took myself.

Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a soon to be New Cat Daddy. :petcat:

Looking forward to seeing pics once you get some. :catlove:
I am happy people here want me to upload pictures and videos, I am looking forward to share them with you!

Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I love both cats and dogs too. One of our cats bonded very closely with our dog but all have coexisted well. We're excited that you will soon have a kitten to join your family. Do you know when you will be bringing him or her home? Regarding names, it's good to make a list but you may want to wait until the kitten lives with you to get a better idea about their personality/temperament. Best of luck and please keep us posted.:goodluck:
It's so special to see a cat and a dog play together :)
I know it will be between end of March and Mid April. That will be 12-14 weeks from December 28th, 2020 (Kitten's birthday).
I think it is also a good idea to wait and not force the name assigning until I spend some time with it and it just feels right or if I happen to come up with one that I know will suit it no matter what. I never named a pet like a cat or a dog before so this will be a first for me :)