New cat dad checking in.

newcatdadalert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, as the title suggests I'm a first time cat dad. I adopted two kittens this week and am already head over heels in love with being a cat owner.

This is Beans, he's nine weeks old and like this picure suggests, he's an absolute ham. Loves attention and playing and is a motor boat in cat form. He's constantly purring and has already made the house his kingdom. (Just wait until he sees the cat tree I've ordered for him and his sister.)

IMG_1906.png

And this is Sasha. She's ten months old and was Beans' roommate at the shelter. She was there for several months because no one was willing to take a chance on her as she's not the most outgoing cat. She's a very shy and nervous girl and has yet to exit the closet she's made her home, but she's slowly opening up. Got her to purr a bit and play with some toys today, and she's eating and drinking as normal, so taking it one day at a time with her and allowing her to open up at her own pace. I can already tell it's going to be worth it.
IMG_1150.png

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Heart is melting. You can tell Sascha WANTS to open up, just something from her past needs healing. I’ve been a cat owner literally since just before I could crawl and I can tell you one thing nervous cats love is conversation. Just that. And a lot of it. They hear in your voice where your heart is…that plus the little bugger crawling all over her ought to do the trick. Maybe a house plant. Sascha wants to tell you her story, then some day crawl into your lap, too. Time is your best friend, time and patience….enjoy!!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for adopting these two wonderful kittens, Beans and Sasha. They are absolutely adorable and will give you hours of joy and unconditional love. :catlove: Please feel free to check out some of the excellent Articles and other resources on the site.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
afacd132c529eacb77ece9123a8eb190.gif
to you, Beans and Sasha, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
5b70ed3b0b9923ca4478ff12b1ee28dd.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Beans and Sasha from the shelter and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home.

Since you you are a new cat owner, do read the articles below to orientate yourself on taking care of a cat.

Beans and Sasha are beautiful :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of Beans and Sasha and we have a special thread here for both of them here in black-cats-only.268663 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: And congrats on being a new cat dad. :bouquet:
Beans is a total cutie pie. :dancingblackcat:
And Sasha is beautiful. Thanks for adopting her too. :lovecat:
I'm sure in time Beans will help bring Sasha out of her shell, and they'll be besties, and you'll all be a happy family. :catlove::petcat::redheartpump:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your gorgeous girl Sasha and your handsome house panther Beans. They are just too cute. I'm sure once Sasha has settled in she will be causing trouble with Beans before you know it. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

Mango*#*

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome. I’m a new cat grandpa since our daughter got one. We just fell for her right away. You have 2 cuties. Hopefully they will play with each other.