New Cat Attacking Older Cats. What Should I Do?

SaraEl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats. Two of them I got at the same time around four years ago. One is a male and one is a female and they get along fine.

About a year and a half ago we got a new cat. He's from a farm, in case that says anything important. He also has some sort of disorder, or neurological damage (it's not cerebellar hypoplasia). He has trouble walking sometimes and I don't think he can fully control his tail. He can flick it around and move it but sometimes it falls to the side or sticks up straight. When he walks his back flops over to one side sometimes and he can't use his back legs to jump. His head shakes when he's 'hunting' my other cats, but I seriously doubt its wobbly cat syndrome.

He seems to mainly target my female cat, but he occasionally attacks my male cat. He jumps on them and sort of wrestles them. I don't understand what he's trying to do when he does. I think that he uses his claws as well but i think he has a hard time retracting them. When he attacks my female cat she hisses, growls and even screams really loudly. My male cat hisses and growls sometimes too, but he doesn't react as much. I think he knows he shouldn't be attacking them because when he does I yell at him and he shrinks down, but he doesn't stop.

I also think he feels left out because he can't jump (he uses his claws to pull himself onto furniture), and the other cats are always on top of things or in their tree house thingy.

I would appreciate it if someone would help me because I am worried about my other cat's health. My first cat died from a urinary obstruction caused by stress when he was four, and my cats are around the same age.

Any advice helps.

Thanks.

texasgmp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kennel crate for him to have his own space, a large one that fits litter box, bed and food area. Limit interaction with your other cats and supervise that time when he is out. This cat is disabled and needs a quiet place that is all his own at least part of the time so he doesn't feel he has to fight for it.
A crate will allow him to interact with the

texasgmp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the others but will protect all of them.
If he doesn't care to interact then he won't feel he has to with his own space the others can't get into.