New Can of Food

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine had their wet food for breakfast, mid morning, lunch, early afternoon, dinner, and late night. But that was starting at six weeks. As they grew up fewer meals. When grown, breakfast and dinner. Both wet food. There are no hard and fast rules.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that Is what I hear too

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
after feeding Oreo Royal Canin kitten he is quiet and resting , not acting crazy kitty
then tomorrow morning more from that can

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bad, there is one hard and fast rule for feeding cats - the best food is the food that your cat likes that you can afford. That's it, in total, the whole of it.

I wish I could say that I developed this rule, but, some one much more practical than I am did.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My bad, there is one hard and fast rule for feeding cats - the best food is the food that your cat likes that you can afford. That's it, in total, the whole of it.

I wish I could say that I developed this rule, but, some one much more practical than I am did.
he also like Science diet

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One group of mine loved everything eatable. Current cat likes dry, period, but I think that's cause she threw up every wet food I gave her her first year. It turned out later that all the foods I offered were made by two manufacturers. As near as we could tell there was something in their base for all their foods that didn't agree with her. But by then she didn't trust wet food. So always check the manufacturer and watch for recalls.

It's always good to have more than one food he'll eat. Many feed their kits several brands from different manufacturers rotating each flavor/brand through out the week so kit won't decide he only likes these one or two. It's safer in case of shortage or recalls.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes I agree with this he like Science diet as well Friskies not so much like Blue Buffalo too and Natural Balance too

Last edited:

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought plastic containers for left overs now Oreo will not eat the food even when taken out , could it be the smell plastic he does not like should I buy the small 3 oz tins
transfer to glass container. That is what I do. Plastic retains odor. However, if you are freezing raw, I recommend BP free plastic container and transfer to smaller glass container for individual portions

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok will do get glass containers
I bought a bag of Dry Acana still have some left

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Java Lady be prepared for his likes to change over the years, just like ours do. But you are doing so very well, I just had to tell you that. pets to Oreo.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think his likes changed he did like Performitin kitten wet now not so much he will eat it but not his favorite

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He sometimes likes to eat off a spoon or floor

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
quick question my kitten Oreo is 6 months and 10 lbs now and on Acana First feast kitten dry should I keep him on kitten food or switch to adult food my hubby seems to think switching is better . I will ask the vet when I make the neuter appointment

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oreo really likes the Royal Canin canned kitten food , he gobbled it up

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my kitten is 7 months old and over 10 lbs, it it ok for me to switch him from Acana kitten to Acana adult food
also in canned too

nenoire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
when our other cat Sam was a live we tried Performitin Duck and he got so sick we brought it back and got Acana
then he got better sensitive to duck too high in fat I guess
Im sorry to hear about your cat Sam. I wonder if the performa duck food made him sick like my cats.
I have been feeding ultra performa duck and switched between this and the orange bag of performa ultra for the past 5 yrs. I have 4 beautiful barn cats. They all did good healthy and shiny coats until recently. I noticed a dramatic weight drop in two of the cats and one cat having hip and joint pain. Took them to vet and they said they were overweight, they are large farm cats and normally around 18 pounds,and weight dropped to 12 pounds..this was a dramatic change in last 5 months and I knoew something was wrong. Vet wanted to do a bunch of very expensive testing, I declined as I couldnt afford it and the science hills food they were pushing me to buy. I also noticed decrease in appetite, so I asked local pet store for the best food money could buy along with explaining symptoms my 2 cats were having. They recommended acana pacifica fish and within 5 days they look like they are gaining weight and the one cat with joint pain is able to jump up without cat stairs. The pet store clerk said to stay away fom food that has anything with wings for ingredients and probably my cats have alergies to whatever is in ultra performa duck dry food. The acana is made in alberta so its even cheaper due to being locally made. I wonder if others have had this experience with performa ultra dry cat food. I am glad I found this site and wonder if other cat owners have had this experience with ultra performin food