New Born Kittens!!!!!!

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so there's this stray that give birth this morning but does not know what to do, she doesn't even gets close to them, the moma is too young and it looks like it was her first heat, any idea of what to do ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got everything that is needed, but i'm also worried for the mom , she doesn't get close and hasn't move all day from under the car .

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I got everything that is needed, but i'm also worried for the mom , she doesn't get close and hasn't move all day from under the car .
Can you take her to the vet? There are several medical complications that can arise after a cat delivers her kittens, as explained by this article: Post-birth Complications In Cats

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We tried to, but she just doesn't let anyone get close, we'll try again in the morning but she's just there.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
We tried to, but she just doesn't let anyone get close, we'll try again in the morning but she's just there.
Can you try putting food or treats in a carrier? Alternatively, you can make a “drop trap” by putting a towel on the ground, and then put a laundry basket on the towel, propping up one side with something like a stick or empty paper towel roll that you attach a string to. Put food under the basket, and when she goes under there, pull the string to remove the stick, making the basket fall down over her. You can then use the towel to carefully pick her up.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very easy to use the kittens as the lure in a trap right now. Move them into the box or carrier where you want mom, and then close her in when she follows.

Is it very hot where you are?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you entice her to drink some kmr or goats milk?
May help if its calcium shortage.

You have taken the kitten in?
D Denny R

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Momma is surely an asap vet errand. May be for example, a kitten stuck inside her birthing channel.
Still, if you manage her to drink something calcium rich, cant hurt and may even help in some variations.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Throwing a blanket over her, is this a possibility? I read she is under a car, so it may be difficult, I know.
Being tottally wrapped up head and all, they tend to become submissive.

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, the mama does leave the car from time to time , so I believe it is possible to capture, and no, its my next door neighbor who it taking care of them, I'm helping with the feeding and pooping, and with the trips to the store, unfortunately I can't take more cats , i own a bunny and a golden retriever, I'm also fostering 4 6week old kittens . We will try the human trap in the morning using food because she doesn't seem interested in the kittens and she's least than a year old .

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
By the way , the mama is eating just fine right now . But is hissing at us if we get to close .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
By the way , the mama is eating just fine right now . But is hissing at us if we get to close .
May be so its not that bad as we thought. But she may be in hurt anyway - cats are good at hiding they are in bad problems, and a shy ferale double so, of course.

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Who is feeding the kittens?
Hi, my neighbor is, she has a lot of experience fostering orphan kittens , but is her first time dealing with something like this were the mama is still aroundd .