New Blender

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally gave in and ordered a Blendtec blender off Amazon, I get it Tuesday. I used to make a smoothie every morning and my little personal blender gave up the ghost several months ago, I still miss my morning smoothie. I was going back and forth between another cheap blender or a better one that would last longer and make the really smooth smoothies. Then I was going back and forth between a Vitamix and the Blendtec. Amazon had a good deal on a Blendtec with only two left so I finally gave in and pushed the little buy button.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll be really interested to hear what you think - I'm in the same boat where my old one started to shred its own gears, or something, a few months ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only 'con' if you will I have seen about the Blendtec is that it needs to be cleaned right after it is used. It has the square blender jar which is supposed to help feed things into the blades, those square corners can be hard to clean if it isn't cleaned right after use. They are supposed to also be especially noisy but all blenders are noisy and I imagine the more powerful ones of any brand are going to be noisier.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice denice denice ! I've been wondering about a blender now for years (decades!) ever since my old Osterizer bit the dust after the 1972 Agnes flood. We've always managed to get by without one, but there are times when it would really come in handy; in fact, I have several recipes that actually call for a blender instead of a mixer. My Oster had square corners, too. I really liked that thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my blender this morning, it was supposed to be yesterday but it was a little late. I made a smoothie for lunch and it is nice. It has a preprogrammed button for smoothies and for cleaning. When it first starts I thought this isn't very loud but it increases speed and gets louder. I used frozen fruit. It completely broke down the fruit and blended everything until it was smooth. This is the one I got

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FHQVY8I/?tag=thecatsite