New black bombay on the block!

Jasper'sMom2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

My name is Anne and I have owned many cats in my life but I just adopted a 1 year old, large black
Bombay neutered male cat named Jasper last November 8, 2021. We live in Ontario , Canada and
I am a friendly , caring , SWF lady in her late 50's. I love music, animals and pets, watching movies and
tv and computer stuff as well as reading and writing stories and poems.

My cat Jasper is a very affectionate , lovable cat who loves to play with his toys and cuddle up with me and my
mom on our laps , beds, sofas etc. He runs all over the house. He's an indoor cat. In the past I have had indoor/outdoor cats
but in my area there have been more wild animals around like fox and a neighbor mentioned a coyote/wolf species
so I decided to keep my cats I adopt indoors as they will be safer. If I can train Jasper on a harness and leash he can
come out on our decks and lawn in the summer months.
He loves to watch the birds when they come to the backyard feeder.
I love my new baby so much and he'll have a great life with my mom and I.

I hope I meet lots of interesting friends in here. Happy New Year to you all!
Here's some photos of Jasper and I and some of him alone. Enjoy!

Meow!
Anne Mckinnon

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1463896210.jpeg
20211110_114730.jpg
20211108_121650.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Nice to have another fellow Canadian join us. 🇨🇦

Jasper is gorgeous. :purr:

Look at those claws, though. :running: :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and don't worry about making new friends here since we are a lively, very friendly community of cat lovers. :lovecat2: Thank you for adopting Jasper and giving him a forever home as well as keeping him indoors for his safety.👍 Thanks for the pics too, he is absolutely gorgeous. :dancingblackcat:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
ddfdf3aea4505a09a8773682249eaa7f.jpg
Anne and Jasper, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Jasper is a handsome kitty! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of him and we have a special thread here just for him here in black-cats-only.268663 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jasper'sMom2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the kind and sweet welcome for me and Jasper. Jasper gives a paws up.
It is nice to see a fellow Canadian here Rubymama. Where are you from? I'm in Ontario Canada and
boy is it freezing here and we're getting snow tonight. Another reason to keep Jasper indoors. LOL
I'll check out all the other threads you have mentioned like the black cat one as this is my first one I've owned.
Mostly I owned tabby and a calico in the past. I will put more photos of Jasper up soon. How do you make those
adorable photos with the cat's names on them. I'd like to do one as I would like to make one with Jasper as well
as my cats who have passed away. One was my 16 year old tabby female cat MIsty who I had to put down at the vet's office
two years ago on June 12, 2020. I was in the room with her when they put her to sleep. She got cremated and is buried in my garden just outside of my bedroom so she is close to me. I was very sad when I put her down and then my dad passed away on Nov. 23, 2020. It's been a very difficult time for me as well as the whole family the past two years.

Here's some nice photos of my Misty who I put to sleep on June 12, 2020. May she rest in peace until I see her again.

20200318_205419.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg

I love you Misty. What an angel she was. She will always be remembered in my heart.
I'm so happy I found this forum site. Great to be here.

Meow!
Anne

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How do you make those
adorable photos with the cat's names on them. I'd like to do one as I would like to make one with Jasper as well
as my cats who have passed away. One was my 16 year old tabby female cat MIsty who I had to put down at the vet's office
two years ago on June 12, 2020. I was in the room with her when they put her to sleep. She got cremated and is buried in my garden just outside of my bedroom so she is close to me. I was very sad when I put her down and then my dad passed away on Nov. 23, 2020. It's been a very difficult time for me as well as the whole family the past two years.
So
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about your dad and Misty :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to Misty here in crossing-the-bridge.19

As for the Signature Banner (photos with cats name), you can send in your request together with nice quality photos here :- make-signature-banner-requests-here.338415

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you Anne, and your gorgeous house panther Jasper. I just love black cat's they have such amazing purrsonalitys. Sorry about your dad and Misty. I'm sure Jasper will help you heal. Can't wait to see loads more pictures of Jasper he looks full of mischief. :purr:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is nice to see a fellow Canadian here Rubymama. Where are you from? I'm in Ontario Canada and
boy is it freezing here and we're getting snow tonight.
I'm much further east, but it's cold here too. :cold:

Here's some nice photos of my Misty who I put to sleep on June 12, 2020. May she rest in peace until I see her again.
Awww... your Misty was beautiful. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jasper'sMom2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the kind compliments on Jasper and he had long nails in that picture as that was the day
I brought him home from the shelter. I have trimmed them twice since then front and back. Thank you for your
kind welcomes and sympathies for Misty and my dad. Jasper is making us feel better and he can be a mischief at times
but he is one adorable and affectionate kitty and my mom and I love him a lot. I will put more photos in here of Jasper.
I'll take more on my phone and add them here later.
It's great being here and you are all so nice and kind.

Meow!

Anne

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome. Bombays are beautiful cats and Jasper is no exception.