New Arm and Hammer Clump & Seal litter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been using this newer litter for about 3 weeks now. I got lured in by the $3.00 off now and $3.00 off coupons on the front of the box. After using this product for the said period...... My 5 cats seem to really like this product. I was switching over from Fresh Step from the last few years. The advantages are...... Low tracking, low dust and odor control from my 5 cats. I am a lazy person on my cat box maintenance and only scoop every 4 to 5 times a week. I have been scooping every day now as the litter is easy to shift out with the waste and does not turn to mud in the bottom of the box
This product has been delivering with the fast clumping and odor control so far. This litter is a very fine in texture compared to the Fresh Step. My cats seemed to adjust to the different texture and smell very quickly. Does anyone else have an opinion on this new litter? I really like this litter so far and will stay with it

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've been tempted to try it, but absolutely HATE anything with a scent to it.  Does this have any perfumy smell to it?  Or if it does, does it go away within just a few minutes of being released from the container.  I currently use Tidy Cat, and when I pour it out of the plastic bin, I can smell it for just a minute or two, then it goes away.  THAT I can live with, but nothing lingering. 

Glad you and your cats like it.  Sounds goods

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
is this the new litter? could you possible post a link to the litter you're using?

i've used arm and hammer litter before and i've HATED it. so i want to know if you're talking about one i've used before or something new/different.

they have so many different kinds! lol

3siamesesingers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just replaced old litter with the new arm & hammer formula (clump and seal)..I LOVED it when I poured it into the litter box! There was almost to none dust!!! Wow! It does have a scent to it when first opened but goes away (I use hooded litter boxes, so I don't know if it lingers inside yet)..Now waiting to see how the clumps are (:
lamiatron lamiatron I can't put links up yet, but the new Arm & Hammer Clump n Seal come in a mostly black square box container. Petco, Petsmart, and Walmart sell them .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

is this the new litter? could you possible post a link to the litter you're using?

i've used arm and hammer litter before and i've HATED it. so i want to know if you're talking about one i've used before or something new/different.

they have so many different kinds! lol
It is a new litter www.clumpandseal.com Read the reviews at the site. If you are lucky enough to find a trial size at 14 pounds with the $3.00 off coupons on the box......it will cost you $4.99 to try it. I bought mine at Meijers. Thieves steal the coupons off the boxes around here thou. I am really happy as well as my 5 cats. Try a box. You will like it

Last edited:

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just replaced old litter with the new arm & hammer formula (clump and seal)..I LOVED it when I poured it into the litter box! There was almost to none dust!!! Wow! It does have a scent to it when first opened but goes away (I use hooded litter boxes, so I don't know if it lingers inside yet)..Now waiting to see how the clumps are (:
@Lamiatron I can't put links up yet, but the new Arm & Hammer Clump n Seal come in a mostly black square box container. Petco, Petsmart, and Walmart sell them .
i had a feeling it was the one i saw in the black box! 

It is a new litter www.clumpandseal.com Read the reviews at the site. If you are lucky enough to find a trial size at 14 pounds with the $3.00 off coupons on the box......it will cost you $4.99 to try it. I bought mine at Meijers. Thieves steal the coupons off the boxes around here thou. I am really happy as well as my 5 cats. Try a box. You will like it

thanks.

i might give it a try...

currently using Nature's Miracle and i LOVE IT. don't know how much cheaper the arm and hammer will be, but a 40lb bag of the Nature's Miracle is about 16 dollars and some change.

i've used arm and hammer before, the multi cat and the ultra last and i HATED it. it was horrible. but i'm also not a fan of going out to a petsmart to buy cat litter (thats where they sell Nature's Miracle). its farther away from me and its a hassle to go to just for cat litter. i try not to buy anything else in there, but you know how that goes -___-

i might buy a trial size and see how the kitties like it. the minimal dust factor is peaking my interest. 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I, personally, don't give any credit to review on the manufacturer's OWN site
,  But, if YOU are liking it, that's something else
  What do YOU think about the scent?  Would you call it "unscented" or not?  I'm very intrigued by this, so far, but scent is really a deal breaker for me. 

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't like this litter. My boss bought it for the kennel cats and it does nothing for the smell. It also doesn't form solid clumps for the pee. When you scoop they break into smaller pieces that are harder to scoop. I would have thought, being small pieces, that it would coat and clump well, but in my experience it does not. We switched back to Tidy Cat, which I also hate but is better than the Clump & Seal. I've been using a new litter at home that I found at Big Lots. It's call Peerless Pet and I can get a 28lb box for 7.50. I've used it for about 3 weeks now and really like it.

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had trouble with this litter also--the odor was much worse than the regular Arm & Hammer.

3siamesesingers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw that's a bummer. I don't know but mine clumps hard and well and the smell is fine. Maybe my cats don't have smelly you know what haha . Phew!

3siamesesingers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh by the way! A bit off topic, but those who use any kind of clay litter or have cats who have strong urine, to add some zeolite crystals. It lessons the ammonia smell from the urine somewhat. They are in the fish section of either petco or PETsMART.

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got weaseled in by the cool lok of the box and also a friend who swears it's a great product. The first day I tried it, my best behaved cat AsherDash peed on the sofa. I'm not sure which exact one I used but my house stunk like pee. Ok so I still want to give it another chance but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to leave town :) ..for now it's back to fresh step,which wreaks havoc with my allergies or Worlds Best which is kind of pricey here and the lavender is hard to find

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got weaseled in by the cool lok of the box and also a friend who swears it's a great product. The first day I tried it, my best behaved cat AsherDash peed on the sofa. I'm not sure which exact one I used but my house stunk like pee. Ok so I still want to give it another chance but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to leave town
..for now it's back to fresh step,which wreaks havoc with my allergies or Worlds Best which is kind of pricey here and the lavender is hard to find
Hahaha
Maybe try mixing it 50-50 with Fresh Step as your cat maybe unsure of the fine texture and smell at first. I started mixing the new Clump and Seal in with the Fresh Step when I made the transition and my 5 cats had no problem. I am done with Fresh Step as I don't like the way it tracks, dusty and gets muddy in the bottom of the box .

Last edited:

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got weaseled in by the cool lok of the box and also a friend who swears it's a great product. The first day I tried it, my best behaved cat AsherDash peed on the sofa. I'm not sure which exact one I used but my house stunk like pee. Ok so I still want to give it another chance but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to leave town
..for now it's back to fresh step,which wreaks havoc with my allergies or Worlds Best which is kind of pricey here and the lavender is hard to find
i would recommend Nature's Miracle Intense Defense Clay Clumping Litter

-unscented

-clumps instantly (in 1 min or less)

-awesome odor control

-tracks very little. dust: very little

I'm guessing that tidy cats affect your allergies because they are not only heavily scented, but also it tracks A LOT and is REALLY dusty. my black kitty used to come out a different color after using the box. lololololllll

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for your suggestions. We started doing the 50-50 mix and we'll see how it goes. I've never seen Nature's Miracle litter but I'll look into it too

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for your suggestions. We started doing the 50-50 mix and we'll see how it goes. I've never seen Nature's Miracle litter but I'll look into it too
I do not work for Arm and Hammer.  My original post here was all about the new litter called "Clump and Seal"  from Arm and Hammer.  Nothing more
I gain nothing. Please try this litter and come back to this post and express your honest opinion on the litter. Get the $3.00 off coupon from the site posted above from my post.

Last edited:

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been tempted to try this litter, as well. I think the crazy, shiny box is drawing me in like a magpie. It is getting harder to resist every time I see it in the store,
We have the best luck with mixing pine litter (crushed, not pellet) with Tidy Cats. It tracks everywhere, but the clumping and odor control are great. I think I will try mixing this new A&H litter with Feline Pine and report back with the results. :) I am so sick of trying to figure out how to repurpose or dispose of all the empty Tidy Cat buckets.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been tempted to try this litter, as well. I think the crazy, shiny box is drawing me in like a magpie. It is getting harder to resist every time I see it in the store,
We have the best luck with mixing pine litter (crushed, not pellet) with Tidy Cats. It tracks everywhere, but the clumping and odor control are great. I think I will try mixing this new A&H litter with Feline Pine and report back with the results.
I am so sick of trying to figure out how to repurpose or dispose of all the empty Tidy Cat buckets.
Buy a box........Get the coupon from my above link. Mix it 50-50 with your normal litter, and forget about your former litter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep my boxes at 40 to 50% full and never have any issues with any cat peeee.........  Very good litter here.