New and looking for support

flicker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I lost not just my beloved Rosie, but my best friend. Everyone in my life knew how much I loved this old, blind, and to most people ugly cat, but because to me she was so much more than any of that. She showed me unconditional love, kisses and purrs...and I will miss her so much. I love you my Rosieposie, I know you are feeling so much better in kitty heaven. I miss you so much already. See you in 80 years my sweet little girl. RIP Rose

PS - For anyone who lost a pet, know that they loved you a whole bunch and you gave them an amazing life.
And for anyone who still has a pet, go to them right now and give them a big squeeze and hug because you can and honestly right now I would give ANYTHING to be able to do that.

Just looking for thoughts on how to cope and some sweet comments and stories about your amazing pets.

ine was  17 year-old Orange/red Persian and my favorite memory of her happened just this past year. I would be working at my computer and she would hop up onto my bed and purr and meow until I swiveled around so she could walk up onto my lap and lay there while I worked. 

Gosh I miss her so much right now :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Rosie.
You're so right about loving and hugging them now because they could be gone!!!
R.I.P. sweet Rosie!!! You were truly LOVED!!!

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Coping is really one day at a time. Right now I'm taking care of my bunny Frankie. He had a stroke. He's 9 3/4 yrs. I've had him since he was 4 weeks old. I have to syringe feed him. He fits in my hand. He's a miniature. He thinks he's a cat as he was raised with them. I Love him so much and I'm praying he pulls through.
It's so hard. Everyone's healing is different. There's no time limit on grief. Give yourself time and know it's ok to cry and often. She knew you loved her and gave her a great life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flicker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for that link, I have read a lot of those stories and they have helped. Thank you

kittenminka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss, I know how you feel. It will take time to heal, the only thing i could think of was this quote i read when my cat left me.

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Hope that helps some.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry you lost Rosie, it takes so very long for our hearts to heal. My favorite memory of my sweet Chrissy was that she used to sleep under a blanket on my lap. When one of her 'brothers' would come along and try to share she would leap out and scare the you know what out of them. She would come back to me looking so proud! Even now, after two years, Burt still won't get on my lap if I have a blanket, she trained him well!

Sometimes the pain comes back when you remember that your baby is gone, even years later, but we HAVE to hold on to the fact that those precious little souls would never want us to be so sad with our memories. They would want us to rejoice in the love we shared, it doesn't happen every day. Little Rosie was greatly loved and will be missed for a lifetime. Bless you for loving so much to hurt so bad. Take care of yourself....... RIP beautiful Rosie!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Rosie.  I have been where you are, as many of us have.  I wish I had magic words for you.  It's one day at a time and even though it doesn't seem like it now, it does get less painful as time goes on.  

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So very, very sorry to hear the loss of your kitty Rosie, but it sounds as though she had 17 wonderful years with you and had the best momma in the world. My cats are not 'like' my kids, they 'are' my kids, literally and this week I have been through many scares with my little baby. I hope and pray that he is getting better now, but I said to myself last night 'darn it, what can't I be a hard-a*s and not care or love anything and then life would be much easier?'. But just think of all of the wonderful times that we would miss out on if we closed off our hearts. It is heart-breaking, I know, I've lost some very special pets and everyone mourns differently. Don't spend too much time alone with your own thoughts is all that I can 'advise', your mind will work over-time. Spend time in a special place or with kind people and be kind to yourself. God bless Rosie and you too are in my thoughts and prayers..

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry to hear about your Rosie.  Though she isn't with you in the way you want, her spirit will always be with you.  You and she had so many years together and rest assured, she knew how much you loved her.  Your love for her will never disappear but as time goes on, the pain softens and you will remember all those treasured memories and be able to smile with less tears.  You are in our thoughts.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences. It's very difficult to lose such a big part of your life and a constant source of joy, and it takes a long time to recover. RIP, Rosie. :rbheart:

callieallie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So Sorry for your loss,, I just lost my special little lady, this past Saturday, after a tough battle with cancer,,her and I together , tried everything this past month, syringe feed, syringe nutrition,laxatives on pureed food, baby food, even infant supposotories,,,my heart is broken, but it has been for 2 months since finding she had these huge cancerous tumors..I  can tell you I cry often, it just pops out, i think of her often, I have a houseful of other animals, 2 other cats, they miss her terribly, as do the dogs,,, sad to see other animals looking so sad...I had to take my other cat to have teeth removed yesterday,,,the vet didnt call me for a few hours, I was frantic that he had died...Rosie will be in your heart forever, Its an awful feeling to loose someone you love,,,Im right here with you... take care....I also had a persian I rescued,, her name was Rosie as well,,,,

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
CallieAllie,

Your situation is so sad too, so sorry to hear of your precious girl passing. I hope that this site brings some form of comfort & support to you, as well as the people around you. I know what it i like to try to no avail to help, but they are too weak or in pain to do what we want. Oh if only I could speak Cat. There was nothing more that you could have done and I'm not surprised that you were on tenterhooks about your other cat. Remember that you are the pack leader and that your other animals are looking to you for 'normality' and feed off of your emotions, animals are so wonderful they are sometimes so much in touch with their feelings. So, try and remember one good memory a day and tell the other animals about it and make sure that you smile when you tell them...it's OK to cry and smile....but start to remember the good times. x

callieallie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words....they mean so much,,,my heart is broken and yes I spent every second trying to help my baby, I was at the pet store every day for different foods,supplements..I do tell the others I miss her too... I never realized they were all so close,,, the night before her death my elderly St. Bernard was very restless, crying, looking at me, just very uneasy....The animal world is something to be admired I have to say...

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I send love and prayers.  I lost my 14 year old Humble in March.  His furr brother Shenandoah and I had it very rough for awhile, but we are better.  I am praying for you.  You did your best for your sweet angel.