new aggressions showing

nliddane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two 8 year old calicos. I got them approximately 3 mos apart as kittens. Lately, the slightly older one has been very aggressive towards the other for no apparent reason. She will swoop in and attack the other one by swatting, hissing and biting. An example was yesterday. The younger one was in the hallway cleaning herself. The older one was relaxing on the couch. All of a sudden she leapt off the couch & went after the younger one, who hadn't moved. It started a few months ago and has become much more frequent, at least 1-2 times a week. I don't know what to do and would appreciate any suggestions. I'm afraid that one of them will get badly hurt.

Thanks,
NLiddane

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually cats will get very defensive and fussy if not feeling well. It may be a good idea to get that one to the vet for a check up. If they have been living in peace for a long time, there is usually a reason. Has there been any changes in the house?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nliddane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call tomorrow for an appointment. There haven't been any changes in the house, no new furniture, nothing rearranged or anything like that. It's always been fairly peaceful except lately. I appreciate your response. I'll post the results of the check up. Thanks again.