New adoptee still staying in safe room after two weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justice1937

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Merry Christmas dear friends, I want to thank you all for the gifts of hope and belief you've given me these past six weeks. Everything you told me has come true. Our Sonny is a smart, active and very lovable kitty who no longer hides, never retreats to the bathroom, preferring lap sitting and petting. The Vet tells us he is indeed 14 years old but he loves to play,runs like the wind and jumps to the top of the sofa to look out his window with such beautiful grace. Right now, he's playing with his Christmas present and trying fiercely to get that white ball out of its circle! I think we have even conquered the constipation that had plagued him for many months. I believe his former owner who had died suddenly, is looking down and smiling at him and with him. Sonny and I thank you many times over. I hope I can be helpful to others with their questions in the future. Gratefully, Joan :rbheart:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Merry Christmas dear friends, I want to thank you all for the gifts of hope and belief you've given me these past six weeks. Everything you told me has come true. Our Sonny is a smart, active and very lovable kitty who no longer hides, never retreats to the bathroom, preferring lap sitting and petting. The Vet tells us he is indeed 14 years old but he loves to play,runs like the wind and jumps to the top of the sofa to look out his window with such beautiful grace. Right now, he's playing with his Christmas present and trying fiercely to get that white ball out of its circle! I think we have even conquered the constipation that had plagued him for many months. I believe his former owner who had died suddenly, is looking down and smiling at him and with him. Sonny and I thank you many times over. I hope I can be helpful to others with their questions in the future. Gratefully, Joan
That's fantastic!! He definitely found the right home. I'm sure that his former owner is indeed, very pleased that her boy is in such a loving home now and is happy and healthy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like he's found his reason to be jolly!  A furry purry catmas to you and yours from Hekitty and me!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is the first time I've seen this thread, and it's so nice to see the happy ending on Christmas Day.   You did a wonderful thing adopting that senior kitty and I'm sure his former owner is very pleased to see Sonny is happy and comfortable in his new home.

mrskm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted a senior cat from a shelter, and he had been there for months. It took him over a month before he started coming out of his safe room on a regular basis. It just takes time for some kitties to adjust to a new home, totally normal! Thank you for taking him in after he lost his owner. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justice1937

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today is our Sonny's 15th birthday, according to his vet records I was given after we adopted him. I am overjoyed to tell you he is doing great, and acts more like a kitten than a senior kitty. He loves playing with his toys, runs (gallops) like the wind and jumps like crazy to get his "da bird". No more hiding, his favorite snuggle spot is my lap, and then my bed early in the morning when he wants me to come play with him. Happy and healthy too as no more problems with constipation. (I learned from his records he had been going to the vet every other month for X-rays and enema.). It's like he is totally living and enjoying his tenth life, and I believe his former owner is especially watching over him as well. Again, Sonny and I thank you for ALL your help. I was so desperate in the beginning, afraid that if we didn't help him soon, we'd lose him. Your suggestions, your guidance, and especially your urging me to be patient as he was progressing in his own way, were like a lifeline to me. He is loved so much and we're now looking forward to many years together, as many as we are given. Joan

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  Happy Birthday Sonny! 
   Are you able to post a picture of the birthday boy?