New Additions...kind Of.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had two little cats show up here. Completely feral acting and are feeding them but I can't get near them..
We're feeding them in the barn but they do hang out around our back door, so I don't know if they were wild or feral or dump offs or what.
No more in the house but we're counting them as new kids! I can't get a pic but if I do, I'll send it through.
I can't tell if they're boys or not, or if they're fixed, but we'll be doing the live trap thing. They're welcome in the barn (they look youngish) and welcome to hang out.
One is kind of white with patches of brown/gray and another is a tiger color.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so exciting Bruce! We had a stray cat before and she was just like our regular house cats, friendly and with manners, wouldn't scratch people. My two (former) ferals are completely different, they are afraid of all strangers and will cut you. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so exciting Bruce! We had a stray cat before and she was just like our regular house cats, friendly and with manners, wouldn't scratch people. My two (former) ferals are completely different, they are afraid of all strangers and will cut you. :)
I hope they hang around! They seem to know we = food so this might be good.
I'd love to be able to pet the one. So fluffy (and dirty)..
In the next day or so I'll probably slap up the old dog cage and get them used to eating in a contraption so when the time to TNR is here (soon) we can make it easier for everyone.
I don't see any nipped off ear tips, so I'm going to hesitate before I assume they're intact. And I love kittens...but I don't need any right now.:help::help::running::eek:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are hard to resist even when it is the last thing we need! As you may have guessed, I spend a lot of time rescuing kitties I can’t possibly keep, although I wish I could. Lol I am glad you are going to work with them. Bravo! I’ll look forward to hearing this cat tail. I suspect word got around in the kitty community that you feed and love. They seem to have a sense for safe places and good people. I am happy they found you. ;)

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you might try yarn connected to a catnip mouse but tied to the tip of an umbrella. You can play without getting too close.
A wet towel when you can touch and pet can lift dirt away when the grooming overwhelms the cat. Gratz on helping save 2 babies that's good karma right back at you. oecc.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem is the dogs scare them, so we're keeping the dogs as confined as possible (not easy.) The dogs don't bark at them or bother them, but some of them like to stare (that's what I get for having Border Collies :doh:) and it seems to unnerve them and they run off.
I saw them this morning and fed them, they look to be about 8-12 months. Eyes scabby looking around the eye rim(s) but nothing I'm too worried about right now, but I haven't seen them in a few hours. :(
I'm feeding them some really smelly wet food (Friskies) and some kibble, and I make sure to rattle the bag when I go out there so they hopefully hear this and know it means the Feline Chuck Wagon on Legs has arrived. I usually say "hi guys" when I see my own, so I'm saying that to them hoping they get used to the phrase.
They will rush away from me, but stop a few feet away, face me, sit down and tuck their tail around themselves and give me a few slow, hard blinks, so this is good...

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
scabby looking eyes mean malformed eyelids and or the cats not grooming themselves or each other.
They learn through modeling so maybe they've never need the moisten paw rub against eye method. Rinse repeat.
Also litter mates with a bond should be kissing and grooming each others heads faces and tops of heads. Maybe these kits never got a chance to see and copy these behaviors.

Attachments

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice. Now they can get all fixed and vetted! I live in an apartment but i want a house so i can tnr. Strange reason to want a house i guess lol.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a wonderful reason to want a house. :)
As do I.
I haven't seen them today. :( I'm hoping they're just doing the stray cat wanderlust routine and will return.
I would be concerned about a predator if only one of the two stopped coming around, but both being absent makes me hope that they'll be back, or found somewhere to go where they were happier or maybe found less competition from existing cats and a place that didn't have a steady stream of human traffic and an endless supply of weird black and white dogs that like to stare.
:frown::sigh:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sightings.
I keep hanging out around the barns/back door area thinking they'll show back up.
I just hope they moved on, some nice person will be able to TNR them or better, TN and keep them as house cats.
I hate when this happens because we always wonder what became of them. :(

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
No sightings.
I keep hanging out around the barns/back door area thinking they'll show back up.
I just hope they moved on, some nice person will be able to TNR them or better, TN and keep them as house cats.
I hate when this happens because we always wonder what became of them. :(
:alright::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 .
In years past I was like "well, cats can take care of themselves. If they move on, they move on" and I didn't think much about it.
We've had strays show up, disappear, then reappear a month or two later fat and sassy as hell and I don't know how they do it.
I'll continue to watch out for these two, and if they show up, will do anything to TNR. :(
They were cute. I hope they're safe. :(

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 .
In years past I was like "well, cats can take care of themselves. If they move on, they move on" and I didn't think much about it.
We've had strays show up, disappear, then reappear a month or two later fat and sassy as hell and I don't know how they do it.
I'll continue to watch out for these two, and if they show up, will do anything to TNR. :(
They were cute. I hope they're safe. :(
:hugs: Me too :vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::clover::clover::clover::catrub::catrub::grouphug::heartshape: