New 9 Months Old Kitten And I Can't Think Of A Name!

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adopted a nine month old kitten from a rescue a few days ago. I've never had a gray cat before. He's very affectionate and sweet. But not yet a fan of laps or being picked up. He was trapped with his brother and sister on the street in early April, neutered and vaccinated and they cut the tip of his ear off in case they released him.
He's listed as gray and white but there's some tabby markings. His tail has some darker stripes.
I'm thinking of Smoky, Stormy, Sea Storm, or Storm Moon or something with dance or something. He was born right around the 4th of July, so something with freedom or that theme would be cool too.
I can't decide.
He loves belly rubs, just flops right over lol . My Inky used to do that. He's from the same neighborhood ironically.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new boy and thank you for rescuing him. :thanks: He's positively precious. I also like Stormy or how about Grady or Grayson for his coloring? Best of luck! :goldstar:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inkysmom

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol I've been alternating between Stormy and Smoky. Once he flat out shook his head no when I said do you like Stormy? Lol. Later he did the same thing when I asked about Smoky.
He has the most peaceful easygoing personality I've ever seen. Purrs, wants love, freezes and backs away and looks sad when my cat hisses at him. Eagerly goes to greet him if he doesn't hiss. Sniffed my dog on the second meeting and was fine, just a little scared of the dog's loud snoring lol.
Not at all a stormy personality so far.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So gorgeous! I do love the idea of Stormy or even just Storm too. He sounds like a lovely natured cat - even a simple name to fit his personality like Happy would be sweet.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like Greyson, and Sterling as others have posted.
But I'll also put out there:

Ash or Asher
Coal
Slate or Slater
Dusty
Atlas (moon of Saturn)
Flint

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inkysmom

Alpha Cat
Purraise
He keeps telling me he likes Smoky lol. I kept saying Stormy and Smoky to him.

Every time I said Stormy he'd either actually shake his head NO, ignore me, or actually go away and go hide in the bathtub. I was thinking of Sea Storm or Stormy Sea for an official name on vet records and pet insurance but Stormy as nickname.

But he doesn't like it. And it doesn't fit his personality. He's very sweet and pleasant and affectionate, not at all moody or changeable.
Although he's starting to play and has a feisty side lol . He took his little bed apart tonight and dragged the top two blankets and some of his toys into the bathtub. And went after my foot again the other night.
My other cat needs to accept him so they can play and have fun together.
When I say Smoky he purrs and comes over wanting pets and belly rubs. So I guess that's it. One of my favorite books I read as a kid was called Smoky the cow horse and it was about a dark steel grey horse named Smoky and the bond he had with one cowboy.
I don't remember knowing any other animals with that name since. And I've never had a grey cat before, even with all the cats I've had.
I'm not a hundred percent sure of the name but he seems to be so I guess I should listen to him.
Smoky the horse in the book grew up wild and was tamed by the cowboy. This little guy was trapped feral with his brother and sister less than a month ago, so I guess it fits.
He's pretty friendly and trusting for being feral his first nine plus months. I've had him just under a week and I'm already in love.

Attachments

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to have a stray that hanged around my house and his name was Atlas: He was a little ferral but eventually tamed down when i petted him and let him hang around my other cats. One day he had disappeared. He was a really cheeky boy and really liked Leo alot and would sit next to him all the time, but leo was always annoyed with him lol . I like the name Atlas and Smokey
20150920_151556_69454 (2).jpg
phone pics april 2017 162.jpg