NEVER give up on a CAT.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not exactly sure where this belongs, but want to share it. Enjoy. And remember...NEVER. GIVE. UP. ON. A. CAT.

Family Reunited with Beloved 20-Year-Old Cat Missing Since Hurricane Matthew
I been through this when my big male tabby ran away from home. I went through an emotional roller coaster ride with getting false leads that put me on a wild goose chase to getting credible leads where nothing panned out. Also most frustratingly, someone kept taking down a bunch of the posters I put up in the neighborhood. 😠 My kitty went missing in the fall and when winter came, I was in full panic mode. I almost lost all hope. Then one cold winter morning I heard a cat meowing outside. It was coming from my deck. I couldn't see who it was since it was 4am in the morning and still dark. I opened the door and the cat ran in the house. I ran behind the cat and turned on a light and lo and behold it was my missing cat. He was thinner, but looked healthy. He was very hungry and ate nearly 2 cans of cat food. After that day, I made sure he couldn't get out of the house. I learned to never give up hope. My kitty was gone for 5 whole months when he finally came back. Never say Never! Thanks for sharing this.🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I been through this when my big male tabby ran away from home. I went through an emotional roller coaster ride with getting false leads that put me on a wild goose chase to getting credible leads where nothing panned out. Also most frustratingly, someone kept taking down a bunch of the posters I put up in the neighborhood. 😠 My kitty went missing in the fall and when winter came, I was in full panic mode. I almost lost all hope. Then one cold winter morning I heard a cat meowing outside. It was coming from my deck. I couldn't see who it was since it was 4am in the morning and still dark. I opened the door and the cat ran in the house. I ran behind the cat and turned on a light and lo and behold it was my missing cat. He was thinner, but looked healthy. He was very hungry and ate nearly 2 cans of cat food. After that day, I made sure he couldn't get out of the house. I learned to never give up hope. My kitty was gone for 5 whole months when he finally came back. Never say Never! Thanks for sharing this.🙂
Courage and determination. We all need that, now and always. So glad your guy came home!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's also a timely warning for people who find a stray cat.. get her/him checked for a microchip! This would have had a far happier outcome for Muffin.
In Australia it's probably more useful as most states have compulsory chipping for dogs and cats.