Neutering food

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi I looked at the foods you said are available to you. I would feed the Ownat cat food. The grain free sterilized formula appears to have the highest protein but lower fat than the original. And most meat content Than the other foods. They’re both still pretty high carb tho.

I would add as much wet food as possible into the diet. The Ownat wet pate pouches look pretty good.

nwc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Uhh, this sounds bogus. The only difference is that the neutered cats don't roam in search of mates, so they don't need as many calories. Just use standard 20-30kCal/lb of body weight...

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhh, this sounds bogus. The only difference is that the neutered cats don't roam in search of mates, so they don't need as many calories. Just use standard 20-30kCal/lb of body weight...
That's because it pretty much is. It's basically diet cat food with a different label. Royal canin is notorious for this kind of thing. They are the same company that makes those "breed specific" foods. The only time breed specific foods make even a bit of sense is in dogs who have significant physical differences.

cookiedough03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Big thanks to all of you.
In Morocco we have few brands and I think Royal Canin is the best among them. We have Whiskas, Friskies, Mera, Felix, Ownat and le chat. So I think RC is the best considering the available options. As for my kitten, I've decided to keep him intact and on wet/dry food until he's 1 year. Then I'll get him neutered and move to dry/wet sterilised.
This is a highly arguable topic. you do what's best for you and your cat. there are vets who will neuter before 4 months, at 4 months, 6 months and +. It's very different from region to region. In China, most vets will not do the surgery unless the cat is at least 8 months and some vets believe anesthesia in younger kittens is bad for their kidneys..