Neutering behavior?

datranch37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!
I neutered my 7mo baby boy 6 days ago, and everything went smoothly.
In 24 hours, he was back to playing, eating, running, drinking, just like his old self.
The problem is... he’s still hormonal!! How is that possible? There’s a female cat that I sometimes see outside our house, and he’s been trying to jump on top of her. He also tends to try to jump on top of my arm, bite the hand and he doesn’t hump it, just seems like he’s hormonal.
What gives? I neutered him to stop this behavior 🤣🤣 any ideas?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The problem is... he’s still hormonal!! How is that possible? There’s a female cat that I sometimes see outside our house, and he’s been trying to jump on top of her. He also tends to try to jump on top of my arm, bite the hand and he doesn’t hump it, just seems like he’s hormonal.
What gives? I neutered him to stop this behavior 🤣🤣 any ideas?
A cat will be still be behaving as a normal cat after neutering as the hormones are still in the system. It takes 6 - 8 weeks for the testosterones to leave the system.

So it is not surprising that your cat is still behaving as though he is not neutered at all.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I've never experienced this before but from what I know/research/other people's experiences this happens sometimes.
I think it can take up to 6 weeks for hormones to work their way out of their body, so maybe this will go away in some time.
There are residual, leftover hormones.
I hope this helps :bigeyes: 🙂