Neutered male pregnant cat??????

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently came into a semi feral cat I had been working with a few months back and I got him fix September 29th I believe it was. I have 3 female cat my females are not fixed. But ALL of my males are. On the 19th of Jan, one of the girls give birth to two babies….. they all stay in and never get outside so that is not a possibility. Is it possible that the newest member of the cats still was fertile and that’s how she ended up pregnant??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All the boys are fixed and none of my cats are allowed outside. He would have have been fixed approximately 4 months ago. And she give birth 2 days ago.

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you sure all the females are female? It’s hard to tell sometimes.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I have 3 females and 6 boys. All boys have been fixed and all of my babies are between 1-5 years old. Quite a few are strays I’ve fed since kittens. Or were feral kittens I’d caught. And always at the 4-6 month mark all males have been fixed. How long after a male is fixed can he still impregnate a female? I just don’t understand how she got pregnant. We don’t let them out and only the girls are intact

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A male cat can remain fertile for 6 weeks after neuter. Neutered on September 29th therefore could still be fertile until Novermber 10th (plus or minus a few days).

Cat gestation is 65 days. Which would put her getting pregnant around November 15th (plus or minus a few days).

Since in both cases the length of time a cat remains fertile and the length pf pregnancy is the typical length, they are both plus or minus a few days. Some cats may be still fertile for longer than others. Some cats may have a slightly longer gestation period. So even though there is technically a 5 day gap between the day he would have been fertile and when she would have gotten pregnant, a 5 days gap is close enough that a little bit on either side out side of norm makes it entirely possible. My guess, she got pregnant just before his fertility ended. With him remaining fertile just a few days longer than average and her pregnancy was just slightly longer than average. Or, he was fertile the typical length and she had a gestation of 70-72 days which isn't unheard of.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A male cat can remain fertile for 6 weeks after neuter. Neutered on September 29th therefore could still be fertile until Novermber 10th (plus or minus a few days).

Cat gestation is 65 days. Which would put her getting pregnant around November 15th (plus or minus a few days).

Since in both cases the length of time a cat remains fertile and the length pf pregnancy is the typical length, they are both plus or minus a few days. Some cats may be still fertile for longer than others. Some cats may have a slightly longer gestation period. So even though there is technically a 5 day gap between the day he would have been fertile and when she would have gotten pregnant, a 5 days gap is close enough that a little bit on either side out side of norm makes it entirely possible. My guess, she got pregnant just before his fertility ended. With him remaining fertile just a few days longer than average and her pregnancy was just slightly longer than average. Or, he was fertile the typical length and she had a gestation of 70-72 days which isn't unheard of.
Thank you that’s what I was wondering and I knew how long she could be prego. But I couldn’t remember how long panda (the male) could still after he was fixed. The papers we got after fixing him said to keep him away from intact females for up to 2 weeks. In my head I’m like no way he got her pregnancy unless it didn’t take

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Kieka Kieka - it had to be your last male. If you can, please get your females spayed as well. That will put an end to any worries and they will live longer and healthier lives.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another possibility is one of his testes is inside his body. And vet made perhaps a quick job and missed. Also to dig after the testis makes it into a major operation instead of a quickie. Such kryptoorkids are almost sterile, but MAY impregnate....