Neutered Male Cat Missing For Almost Two Months

Dotthedot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My black cat, Eddy, has been missing since May 22nd 6pm.
I had a possible sighting a couple weeks ago but nothing since.

I feel stumped because I live in a rural area with the fields being privately owned. Therefore I can’t just go out there and search high and low without permission.

He’s neutered so he won’t be chasing lady cats. He’s also microchipped so if anything bad had happened and he was picked up, I would’ve gotten a call.

I’m just looking for some advice and happy stories. I’ve been getting through it, but every time I come home and he’s not there, my heart breaks. Some nights (like tonight) are sleepless because I just don’t know if he’s okay. I couldn’t find much advice on missing cats in rural areas, either.

I just want my little man back. I miss him so much.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello!
Oh gosh, this kind of thing is so hard!

Can you talk to your neighbors? Can you get permission? Have you put up signs and also posted on lost pet websites, including your local Facebook's lost pet page and Nextdoor . com?

My suggestion is to talk to everyone. Cats can travel quite a distance, plus he might be hanging out in a barn...

Is it possible someone took him in? I've always wondered that with a meezer we had, back in the day. We lived rural as well, and didn't know that keeping him as an indoor cat would probably have been a better choice but he, too, disappeared one day.
He was a beautiful cat, and friendly and so I held the thought that someone driving by saw him, thought he was a stray, took him home and treated him like a king.

Ritamarie217

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My black cat, Eddy, has been missing since May 22nd 6pm.
I had a possible sighting a couple weeks ago but nothing since.

I feel stumped because I live in a rural area with the fields being privately owned. Therefore I can’t just go out there and search high and low without permission.

He’s neutered so he won’t be chasing lady cats. He’s also microchipped so if anything bad had happened and he was picked up, I would’ve gotten a call.

I’m just looking for some advice and happy stories. I’ve been getting through it, but every time I come home and he’s not there, my heart breaks. Some nights (like tonight) are sleepless because I just don’t know if he’s okay. I couldn’t find much advice on missing cats in rural areas, either.

I just want my little man back. I miss him so much.
My cats been missing sense 12/26 I’m going crazy. He’s only 8 almost 9 months old. Does anyone think he will come back?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He may, there have been cats missing for longer who did make it back home. I'm sending every ounce of good thoughts I have!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe something here will help.

Have you knocked on doors? Keep doing so.
Try the Nextdoor app, and all other lost pet websites (keep your posts updated).

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For both of you who are missing your cats, did you read this thread about things to do to try ot find them: Tips for finding a lost cat

Also, for a glimmer of hope, I, too, had one of my cats get out one night while I was on vacation and my cat sitter accidentally left the door open for a moment or two. I had pretty much given up on ever finding her after weeks and weeks of searching in the early morning and evening (when they are most active supposedly), when one morning I heard her pitiful meow. THAT particular morning she was under our neighbor's porch, so far back under it that I couldn't even reach her. It took hours to get her out, she was so scared. But we finally coaxed her out and grabbed her up and got her in the house. She never, ever even tried to go outside again after that. I have no idea where she was all that time or what happened to her, but physically she was fine. I'd say though, that she was gone for at least two months, maybe more. We didn't live in a rural area, quite the opposite. Our house backed up against a freeway! We were extremely lucky she came out of that alive!

I sincerely hope your furbabies find their way back to your :crossfingers:. Believe me, I know what it's like when they are missing :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cats been missing sense 12/26 I’m going crazy. He’s only 8 almost 9 months old. Does anyone think he will come back?
We've had cats come home after MONTHS, safe and fairly sound. I NEVER count a cat out until there is proof that something did happen. I would suggest joining Nextdoor.com and posting about your cat there. They are an excellent resource for ALL things going on in your neighborhood. My neighborhood has recently had three cats and two dogs returned home due to posts there.

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had a cat go missing but he came back.
I was in high school at the time, and my heart-cat, Baby Fred (Babs) used to climb onto the hay truck (he was an outside cat as my brother and mother have bad allergies, we had a barn and a garage that he would go between on 21 acres of land). Usually, my mom would see him and pull him off. Well, one day she didn't check, and as the hay truck was leaving, there was Babs; asleep on the back. She tried to chase down the truck on foot but she couldn't. She and my dad hopped in the car and called the guy, after a few stops, they caught up with him. However, Babs was nowhere to be found.
It was winter and when we lived in NJ, and a blizzard hit. I was not quite "there" as I'd recently lost my heart-dog, Sami. I wasn't privy to what was going on. I did notice my cat wasn't around as as two weeks came up, mom was getting ready to tell me what happened when who showed up? Meowing and looking for attention, Babs was there in his little cat house in the garage. As though nothing had happened.
I'll never know how he did it, especially in a blizzard, but, he did it.

I hope Eddy makes his way back to you! He's a beautiful cat.