neutered kitty incision opened a bit...

Le Genie du Mal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So on Monday I took my 6 month old kitten to get neutered and yesterday I was looking at the incision and it has opened a bit on the top?? it's not bleeding and didn't see any discharge( the yellow color is from a spray) so I don't really know what to do. 20210924_124711.jpg

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard for me to tell from that picture, I'm afraid!

In general, after a surgery, it can be really difficult to know what's normal and what's not. If you're concerned, please contact your vet!

It's always okay to ask if you can send them a picture to determine if kitty needs to come in and get examined. If they're concerned, they'll let you know, and if they're not you'll be able to get a better idea what to watch for.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF it is what I'm looking at, right now, it looks just fine. Should he develop any redness, bleeding beyond a literal drop or two, or start weeping pus, take him in immediately. A small amount of clear or clear and straw-colored fluid is normal. That is just serum, part of the healing process. And make sure he wears that cone! You do NOT want him licking back there, and he will!

And do, for your own peace of mind, and just to be doubly sure, ask the vet about emailing that photo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Le Genie du Mal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IF it is what I'm looking at, right now, it looks just fine. Should he develop any redness, bleeding beyond a literal drop or two, or start weeping pus, take him in immediately. A small amount of clear or clear and straw-colored fluid is normal. That is just serum, part of the healing process. And make sure he wears that cone! You do NOT want him licking back there, and he will!

And do, for your own peace of mind, and just to be doubly sure, ask the vet about emailing that photo.
Hey, thanks for the advice!! i looked at it today and seems to be already starting to heal pretty nicely without bleeding or pus.
I'll contact the vet today just to be sure.