Neuter incision healed?

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so it’s been 11 days after neuter and I think my cats incision has healed but I wanted to make sure it has so I’ve included some pictures. Also is it okay if he starts jumping now? He jumped a few times yesterday and it looks the same. In addition is it okay if I switch back to clay litter now or should I wait a bit longer? Thanks

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi so it’s been 11 days after neuter and I think my cats incision has healed but I wanted to make sure it has so I’ve included some pictures. Also is it okay if he starts jumping now? He jumped a few times yesterday and it looks the same. In addition is it okay if I switch back to clay litter now or should I wait a bit longer? Thanks
Looks pretty dry and closed up. It is ok to use his normal clay litter. Just dab off the litter dust gently with a soft warm moist tissue from the surgery site after he use the litterbox.

Normal play and slight jumping is ok but not rough play and also make sure he doesn't lick too much on the surgery site.

The incision take at least 2 weeks to be fully closed up and another one or two weeks to be fully closed. Important thing to watch is make sure that there's no bleeding or any pus or foul smelling from the surgery site. If there is any of these, bring your boy back to the vet ASAP.

It takes around 6 - 8 weeks for the testosterones to completely leave the system and during his time, you'll notice that he fur will start growing back and the swell will subsiding. After that, what's left is a flat pouch.

My boy was neutered and I did not change his litter and he was using clay litter too. Also his cone was off the very minute he stepped into the house.