Neuter-diarrhea

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

It is 2 am and my 7 month old male kitten was neutered on thursday. He is eating well, acting normal, had a normal bowel movement, has been urinating. I heard him meowing loudly so I came to check on him and he had diarrhea it went all over his tail, paw and butt area. I was able to clean the tail and paw but afraid to wet his incision near the butt area. I have been giving him two new treats which are 1 ingredient beef liver and tuna flakes which I've never done before. Could the diarrhea be related to the new treats or something is wrong with the neuter? My vet and most vets are closed on sundays but I found one that is open 45 min away and I am thinking of buying forti flora. Would it be okay to give him the fortiflora tomorrow until I can talk to his vet on monday? Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*he has 3 days worth of pain medication as well. Not sure if he can take it with forti flora

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
It could very well be the liver. I'm not familiar with fortiflora, but I assume that it is a probiotic that would be fine for him. Gut health is very important and any surgery is going to stress his little body.

If the anesthesia is out of his system, he may just be lonely and want company. Can you supervise him while he cuddles for awhile?

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan had an explosive diarrhea a couple days after her spay. Our vet said as long as it was an isolated case not to worry. We had to clean her up too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you both! I tried snuggling with him but he bit me lol. It's really hard for me to see his incision because theres so much poo around that area. He keeps moving and biting me so it's hard to see but it looks like there is dried blood in the incision area. Is that normal?