Neurotic cat.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brianna, one of our current fosters, is a little nuts. We have her segregated in our room as we believe her to be pregnant. She still isn't really showing but she won't allow us to touch her stomach. She has also licked ALL of the fur off of her stomach and also down by the base of her tail & her nipples are large & pink.

Brianna seems to have multiple purrrsonality disorder.
When we go into the room, she doesn't want us to touch her at all and will growl when we try. She also growls at me just when I talk to her! Sometime I could be just walking by her and she'll growl & swat me. This behavior COMPLETELY changes when we go to bed however. When we're trying to sleep, she is up all over us, purring away, wanting pats & attention. She will lay on our head for awhile, then on our chest, driving us nuts and basically keeping us awake all night.

She also hissed, growled and attacked herself in the mirror when she first got here.
I'm thinking maybe she smells the other cats and that's what upsets her? Why does this change when we go to bed though? She's the weirdest cat I've ever fostered, and as most of you know, we've fostered MANY.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really haven't taken care of any pregnant cats since I was a young child, but do know that their hormones are all over the place when pregnant. That could be triggering some of her aggression towards you during the day. But night time is different. You are calmly laying in bed and no threat to her at all. I have had many feral born cats snuggle with me at night when they would have nothing to do with me during the day.