Networking ideas?

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to solicit anything on this site...Does anybody have any ideas of places I can go online to network my pet sitting business with other rescues, breeders, pet owners, and such?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For a start, this isn't online but would your vet allow you to place a notice in their office? Or at least keep your name at the forefront of their mind if they know someone is looking for a sitter?

Do you have nextdoor .com?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'll contact the nearest vet clinic and ask. I've considered nextdoor.com, but when I saw that they require me to put in my first and last name, I decided against it because I don't want my first and last name to be available for anybody and everybody to see on the website.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't do any social media like Facebook. Thank you though! I do have a few clients under my belt, so that helps.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I'll contact the nearest vet clinic and ask. I've considered nextdoor.com, but when I saw that they require me to put in my first and last name, I decided against it because I don't want my first and last name to be available for anybody and everybody to see on the website.

That's probably just to get an account set up. When that's done, there's usually an option somewhere in your profile / account settings to edit your name or make it private.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Website like Next Door have spots to post local businesses, and many vets offices have bulletin boards where you can post a business card. Same for some coffee shops.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have found word-of-mouth to be my best resources for pet sitting. It's helpful when you are letting a stranger in your house unsupervised to take care of your furbabies. My vet's office used to keep a board with some postings on it and some business cards on the counter. I've seen those in some local shops too. One of my sitters had a profile on Care.com but I found her through my mother. She was a co-worker who was about to retire. I did leave her reviews on there to help build her exposure. It used to have a spot for background checks as well if you've had one of those done.

If you don't have them already; I would have some business cards printed up that you can give to people to give to friends. It might be helpful to include the area you will travel to on it also. That sitter I had through my mom was great with my cats (who need meds) but it got so traveling to my house twice a day was too much with the distance of her other clients.