Netflix vs others

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So one of my gifts was netflix(account created with moms card to my login) WOW so for last few hours I have been watching alot of stuff. we havent had cable in over a year so enjoying it. Husband was glady watching with me.
Was just curious for those who have been able to have used both what is better hulu or netflix? So far I have found plenty of things to watch and no speed issues.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch free stuff on Hulu (TV shows, some movies, etc)
But I love Netflix. I don't have it anymore but the streaming was awesome. They had a better selection, and no commercials! I don't know about the paid Hulu but I think if I was paying for one or the other I'd go for Netflix, I think they have a waay bigger selection.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used the Watch Instantly stuff on Netflix. I've watched a few things on Hulu but sometimes it seems hard to actually watch what you want (no availability or something). I love Netflix overall though, best $8/mo I spend!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never used Hulu but I like Netflix. Unfortunately for me, I can't watch most of the tv shows yet. They are unavailable in Canada.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends both has its uses!
Hulu has a lot of stuff within a few days of it airing on TV so its great to keep caught up with some shoes! But the commercials drive me crazy! Not so much because they are there, but because its the same few every single time!!!!
Netflix I love that there are no commercials and its easy to catch up on past seasons! but that you have to wait a season or 2 before you can watch it is kind of annoying!

cmedeiros17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have Netflix......LOVE IT!!! We got rid of cable and got one of those antenna's to get the free HD stations over the air. I swear they come in better than when we had a cable box. And then we use our Wii and PS3 to watch Netflix streaming. We also get the DVDs delivered as well. So many choices........and you can add them to your queue so they are there when you want to watch them. I highly recommend Netflix
Just make sure your internet service is fairly fast. We had the lowest one available and had to upgrade because the streaming was horrible (all pixely and kept having to stop and "load"). Once we upgraded the internet it was perfect!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHA If I saw that 5 hour energy commercial ONE MORE DARN!!!! TIME!!!!

We have a decent connection most of the time and since I pretty much stay up nights its even faster then. I agree the converter box is better then cable in my area too. Ours broke while ago.

I love idea that no one has to come install anything(the install fees are so high unless you get a door to door offer). And with us moving in a year or so no sense in paying it now and then. I think my mom choose the right one

I will happily watch old shows of interest no problem. just miss animal planet cause when I can watch live tv thats usually my channel of choice or tlc stuff

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have Netflix. Now that we got our new t.v. in we've been able to enjoy watching movies instantly, instead of mailing them and waiting for them to come in. We're moving up in the world I guess
Never seen Hulu.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have Netflix and love it! It's a great way to keep up with all the new movies without paying $3.99 a night to rent them!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

We have Netflix and love it! It's a great way to keep up with all the new movies without paying $3.99 a night to rent them!
My sentiments exactly! I just have this morbid fear that it's too good to be true, and some day they'll raise their prices horribly (like the cable company constantly does) ...