Nervous, Unexpected, Expected Mommy

Lil_Momma

The Lil_Momma
Kitten
Purraise
Im going to apologize ahead of time for the lengthy post...☺
I moved to a new home back in July. Shortly after I noticed a thin black & gray tabby cat out catn around the neighborhood. She would get in the dumpster & drag nasty God awful smelling spoiled food out onto the ground & eat it. My heart broke, as I am, along w/ my son, animal lovers from the bottom of our hearts. I began leaving fresh food & clean water on the edge of our yard for the thin cat. Long story short, her, who we named Lovey, food bowl went from edge of the yard, to the front porch beside her own large pet crate w/ her own new cat bed, to now in the house. This may sound insane but she is an amazing little cat & took to use very quick as we did her. Plus, she quickly began showing she was a soon to be momma. She welcomed herself in the house one day & was content being inside. I worried for her health & safety being pregnant outside & it getting down in the 30's at night. This was the reason I never forced her out of the house.
I never expected this would become a relationship. I thought she'd never let us get close enough to even pet her or help her any more than food & water. Well, I was wrong. ☺
She's now very round in shape from her pregnancy & I can feel movement in her belly, she's very loving, sleeping alot & now in my bed, on my side, & my spot.
She lays on her side belly up mostly lately. She's grooming my other female cat I have, Dovey, which Lovey, my lil pregnant stray, has always been indifferent & rather not be to close to. Lovey, lil pregnant stray, has also been laying in this box in my laundry room I'd recieved a bit ago from ordering something. Her appetite has decreased but not to alarming measures. Could this be signs the time could be upon us or soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil_Momma

The Lil_Momma
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the links & help. This lil girl has been my world since I found out she was pregnant. I worry when Im at work if shes going to have them alone. I dont want her to be stressed, scared, or sad because no one's there to comfort her or just being present. I worry if shes getting what she needs in her food. If her nesting & bedding I provided is what will be comfortable & warm enough. I just want my lil stray momma to have everything she'll need to be comfortable & make this process as easy as possible. She deserves it. In my eyes.

Lil_Momma

The Lil_Momma
Kitten
Purraise
My son woke me up last night telling me he heard her meowing. I jumped up, wide awake, & ready. Lol, Ok where is she?, How did it sound?, How many times did she meow?, Is she up walking around or laying down? She was fine just laid out on my coffee table looking at me like what is your deal crazy lady. Nothing the rest of the night.
Today while at work I text my son on every break, lol. Talk about a nervous moma, huh. Well my son told me that late afternoon when I'd just got off work that she was in her usual chair & did the same thing as last night maybe an hour ago. He went to her & he lightly touched her belly & he said it was tight & hard. She just looked up at him, let him pet her softly & nothing ever since.
Since I've been home shes been my shadow everywhere I go she follows. Sitting on my night stand beside me to following me back & forth to the stove cooking & checking on dinner. That's when I seen the biggest kick from 1of the kittens my mouth just fell open & then smiled like a kid on Christmas. She never flinched. Then few minutes later another on the other side. It was so blatant & obvious. It was amazing.

Lil_Momma

The Lil_Momma
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah! It made me remember back when I was pregnant w/ my son. I swear I think he thought he was playing soccer in my belly. Lol Its so wierd the similarity that people & animals real have.

Lil_Momma

The Lil_Momma
Kitten
Purraise
She has a slight discharge tonight at the "area" & some of the fur is little stuck together.