Neighbor's outdoor cats are being left outside in freezing cold, no food, no water, no shelter.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Video record the poor cat and show the shape he is in and the lack of care he is receiving. Send it immediately to the RSPCA. In the meanwhile, have a winter shelter on your property out of your neighbor's view so she doesn't see it. This person has serious issues not feeding and leaving her cat in cold weather. Best if luck to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her cats are nowhere to be found for about 2 days now. I think she took them in, or gave them to a friend. We have so many pictures and videos from back then. I will focus on the upcoming days and nights to see if they're out again, and then we can finally report. Thank you all for the help!! <3

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Her cats are nowhere to be found for about 2 days now. I think she took them in, or gave them to a friend. We have so many pictures and videos from back then. I will focus on the upcoming days and nights to see if they're out again, and then we can finally report. Thank you all for the help!! <3
Oh wow, just got caught up!

Have you seen them again?

How did your landlords respond to her saying you poisoned them?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, just got caught up!

Have you seen them again?

How did your landlords respond to her saying you poisoned them?
Hello update,
We see them every now and then at night. Its really starting to get cold. But the city told us that they will only come check once it gets cold. I have no idea why it needs to be cold to check on them.. smh.. Anyways, its rare to see them out during the day and I'm sure she lets them stay inside, which is better than she used to do. Her cats do still follow my mom when she comes home at night. In fact, 2 days ago, they followed her inside our house. We just had to kick them out because she might start something again.

It's pathetic because she reported us to our landlord through text, long long essay. HAHA. Our landlord asked to talk to my mom, which my mom responded to face to face. They believe us but told us to just ignore her because they know she has a bit of a problem in the head.

I'm glad they believed us but she did not stop. Last Friday, she told our landlord that she was going to report us to the animal services if our pets weren't licensed.

And update... we just found out that they aren't licensed. We thought that getting them registered is already the license because they are tattooed under my mom's name, vaccinated, has tags that says they are from my city, and that they are vaccinated. :/

We are working on the papers right now though.
We haven't been showing ourselves because we are trying to reduce interaction with her. She hasn't done much since Friday, hopefully.. We called the animal services the night she threated us about it, and they told us that we won't be fined because they are inside the house, and they aren't causing trouble. They did tell us to get them licensed as soon as we can though.

This is getting stressful. I really want to sue her for harassing us. She will not stop until she gets rid of us.

Last edited:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello update,
We see them every now and then at night. Its really starting to get cold. But the city told us that they will only come check once it gets cold. I have no idea why it needs to be cold to check on them.. smh.. Anyways, its rare to see them out during the day and I'm sure she lets them stay inside, which is better than she used to do. Her cats do still follow my mom when she comes home at night. In fact, 2 days ago, they followed her inside our house. We just had to kick them out because she might start something again.

It's pathetic because she reported us to our landlord through text, long long essay. HAHA. Our landlord asked to talk to my mom, which my mom responded to face to face. They believe us but told us to just ignore her because they know she has a bit of a problem in the head.

I'm glad they believed us but she did not stop. Last Friday, she told our landlord that she was going to report us to the animal services if our pets weren't licensed.

And update... we just found out that they aren't licensed. We thought that getting them registered is already the license because they are tattooed under my mom's name, vaccinated, has tags that says they are from my city, and that they are vaccinated. :/

We are working on the papers right now though.
We haven't been showing ourselves because we are trying to reduce interaction with her. She hasn't done much since Friday, hopefully.. We called the animal services the night she threated us about it, and they told us that we won't be fined because they are inside the house, and they aren't causing trouble. They did tell us to get them licensed as soon as we can though.

This is getting stressful. I really want to sue her for harassing us. She will not stop until she gets rid of us.
It's doubtful you'd be able to sue her, and even if you could it's a lengthy process that costs money that you probably don't have. What you CAN do is file a police report for harassment. If you decide to file a report I'd suggest contacting your landlord first to see if he'd be willing to talk to the cops, and if he still has those texts to show them.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's doubtful you'd be able to sue her, and even if you could it's a lengthy process that costs money that you probably don't have. What you CAN do is file a police report for harassment. If you decide to file a report I'd suggest contacting your landlord first to see if he'd be willing to talk to the cops, and if he still has those texts to show them.
Yea I won't sue. Were broke LOL. Thank you for that suggestion. She loves to complain through text. Doesn't have the guts to face us.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I won't sue. Were broke LOL. Thank you for that suggestion. She loves to complain through text. Doesn't have the guts to face us.
That's actually good, it's better (for you) that she uses text because there's a record of it and it's not just "he said, she said". Cops love text records because it makes their job much easier.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Update: she complained to our landlords and told them that we wouldn't stop feeding her cats and that we were POISONING THEM. I'm so done with her oh my gosh. I think she did poison them. 😡😭
Ughhhhhh! I just had a crazy situation with a cat feeder on my block who is behaving like a hoarder. I was getting mobbed by her cats. I was trying to get some of the cats off the streets who were left behind by the another cat feeder. I was looking into everything, and an animal sanctuary said that they will wave their hefty surrender fee and work with us. Well, she went berserk and we had a fight where I ended up calling out on her bs lies and she threatened to sick her lawyer on me. She got a tnr group who tnred the cats on our block to get on my case about the whole situation. Making me out to be the bad guy, they didn't want to hear what I had to say, no matter how valid my points. So frustrating.😞

Anyway, just reading about your neighbor, kind of reminds me of mine. Although my neighbor shows hoarder issues. I am afraid when winter comes that the cats on our block will slip through the cracks and I will get majorly mobbed by her hungry cats. Your neighbor and my neighbor are both mentally Ill to some degree or another. I would say call the SPCA or the Humane Society with lots of evidence that this woman is neglecting her cats, but be careful --some of these types are excellent at turning the situation on you and making you look bad. So be very cautious in how you go about dealing with this situation. Best of luck to you.😊

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
They're scared to face us. :p
I hate that bs. I used to work as an assistant to a property manager who was managing a bunch of resident buildings in my city. You can not believe how many people call in to complain about their neighbors, and while there were legitamate complaints, many of them were on the petty side. These people should never have chosen to live in an apartment building, there expectations were unrealistic. These are the people who smile when they see their neighbor while putting complaints in everyday about them, and in some cases working hard to get them evicted. SMH🙄

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ughhhhhh! I just had a crazy situation with a cat feeder on my block who is behaving like a hoarder. I was getting mobbed by her cats. I was trying to get some of the cats off the streets who were left behind by the another cat feeder. I was looking into everything, and an animal sanctuary said that they will wave their hefty surrender fee and work with us. Well, she went berserk and we had a fight where I ended up calling out on her bs lies and she threatened to sick her lawyer on me. She got a tnr group who tnred the cats on our block to get on my case about the whole situation. Making me out to be the bad guy, they didn't want to hear what I had to say, no matter how valid my points. So frustrating.😞

Anyway, just reading about your neighbor, kind of reminds me of mine. Although my neighbor shows hoarder issues. I am afraid when winter comes that the cats on our block will slip through the cracks and I will get majorly mobbed by her hungry cats. Your neighbor and my neighbor are both mentally Ill to some degree or another. I would say call the SPCA or the Humane Society with lots of evidence that this woman is neglecting her cats, but be careful --some of these types are excellent at turning the situation on you and making you look bad. So be very cautious in how you go about dealing with this situation. Best of luck to you.😊
Wow, your situation sounds so stressful. My situation got shy:paperbag:. Anyways, yes. We believe that our neighbor is mentally ill too. She talks to herself, swears at nothing, her cats, and just gives off that vibe when you see her. She is also a sicko for getting mad at us for reporting to our landlords about PROBLEMS THAT WE SHOULD BE REPORTING ABOUT. I don't understand how she benefits from this. She also installed a camera on her front door as if WE ARE the ones to be causing trouble.

All were doing right now is staying quiet and avoiding her. Our landlords also noticed how she does not seem okay mentally so they just told us to ignore and avoid her for now.

I hope the situation doesn't turn on us.
Good luck to us <3

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate that bs. I used to work as an assistant to a property manager who was managing a bunch of resident buildings in my city. You can not believe how many people call in to complain about their neighbors, and while there were legitamate complaints, many of them were on the petty side. These people should never have chosen to live in an apartment building, there expectations were unrealistic. These are the people who smile when they see their neighbor while putting complaints in everyday about them, and in some cases working hard to get them evicted. SMH🙄
!!!! that is so annoying omg. I agree with them living elsewhere if they can't cooperate with others. They really got nothing to do huh.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, your situation sounds so stressful. My situation got shy:paperbag:. Anyways, yes. We believe that our neighbor is mentally ill too. She talks to herself, swears at nothing, her cats, and just gives off that vibe when you see her. She is also a sicko for getting mad at us for reporting to our landlords about PROBLEMS THAT WE SHOULD BE REPORTING ABOUT. I don't understand how she benefits from this. She also installed a camera on her front door as if WE ARE the ones to be causing trouble.

All were doing right now is staying quiet and avoiding her. Our landlords also noticed how she does not seem okay mentally so they just told us to ignore and avoid her for now.

I hope the situation doesn't turn on us.
Good luck to us <3
It is such a shame that both you and your family try to do the right thing and get so much grief about it. Same with me, and still I get bs over this situation. I just put a new thread up here because I feel I was blacklisted by the tnr group. What for? Trying to find help for the cats on my block while my neighbor just lies to them and tells them there is no problem and i am just being crazy. 😬The cats came to me today and ate like there is no tomorrow. Why are they coming to me starved?
Anyway, I hope your situation works out for the best. It is so unfair that you do the right thing and things got so ugly. I know how it feels. Hang tough.💪💪💪

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update, she stopped threatening and causing problems. I think she's going through something which made her focus on herself more. As of her cats, I rarely see them out. Sometimes the short haired one is outside crying at her door while she's home, which I've recorded just in case. And I don't see the long haired cat anymore. I just hope that she's taking care of them. Today is the first day of SNOW. It is thick after 1 night, so I hope to never see them outside. It sucks that the city wanted to wait until it was cold before they would actually take them if they were out.. Anyways, hopefully you all are doing okay! Thank you all for the help last time!! <3