Neighbors cat

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this goes here so feel free to move it. We love in the country, but our neighbors cat has been come into our yard. First it was just in the field between their tree line and our yard, and it keeps coming closer, tonight it was laying on the picnic table. I'm not sure if it's male or female but the other night my kids left our shed open and it smelled like cat pee. I've also seen a bunch of cat poop around when I walk my dog. My cats haven't seemed to notice it yet but they love the windows in the summer so it's only a matter of time. I've seen so many stories on here about cats acting up when they notice a stray. I don't want my cats to start fighting or spraying of anything, and I don't want this other cat spraying outside my house. I also don't want it in my kids sand box (we do cover it but there's always a chance we will forget.) is there anything I could put around the yard so the cat would want to stay away? Nothing poisonous, but maybe some plants that they don't like the smell of or something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No last night is the first time we actually saw it in our yard. Other than food prints in the snow this winter, and the poop I've seen. I've only seen it in the field before and I don't care if it's out there because it's probably catching mice. They've had this cat for probably 2 years and it's just recently started coming over. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that I smelled pee in our shed, or that I'm nervous my cats may notice it and freak out. I also found a dead mouse in my yard which I've never seen before so maybe the cat caught it and didn't eat it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of fox and coyotes around anyway so in not sure the smell would bother it, but maybe. Thanks