Neighbor's Cat Is Coming Over

SukiAiShiawase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My neighbors cat keeps coming over to my house as well. Ive seen him around before while riding my bike and sropped a few times to pet him. its been about a week now and he wont leave us alone day and night he meows at the door crying. It breaks my heart to leave him out there. Ive let him in every now and then and fed him but hes not intrested in food. All he dose is rub up against me non stop, purr loudly, and crawls into my lap and lays down. Its like hes hungry for love and attention. I dont think the neighbors let him inside. Even when its raining. Which we live in Oregon so it rains a bit. We live in a building that dosent allow cats or dogs. But it will allow aquarium pets. I have a baby bearded dragon because it dose not go against rules. Im worried that if i let the cat stay he will pee or shed everywhere and we will get introuble with the landlord. Or that the cat will eat my dragon. When i talk to the owners they get annoyed with me and tellme to leave. I cant help this cat but i cant just leave it out in the cold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiAiShiawase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just dont know what to do. And the cat sounds so desprate for love, warmth, and attention. Clearly its lacking it at home and months before all of this ive always even at night seen the cat outside. I just dont know what to do. Ive even called the owners and they got mad at me for just mentioning the cat.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it kind of makes your heart melt a little. Do you have any type of yard area? Instead of letting him inside you can get a little cat house or shelter so he has a place to stay dry in the rain. We had a neighbor abandon a cat by us and that was what we did. Of course it’s a slippery slope to being adopted by a cat.

K&H Manufacturing Outdoor Kitty House, 18 x 22 x 17-Inches, Unheated - Olive

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is such a sad situation. I like the option of "cat sharing". It is what my Maine Coon did with my neighbors when I had a series of caretakers live at my place when I had to move my daughter, grandson & me in with my elderly mom because my dad suddenly died. My mom's house is adjacent to a frontage road & my MC is a country cat, used to having almost 10 acres to wander

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's just wonderful that you have become the part of this cat's life. Good suggestions above. Maybe on the really bad weather days, the cat accidentally gets into your place. But you better be aware of your apartments rules and penalties. I imagine the first step is some sort of warning. Everybody needs a home. Our cat used to live with the neighbors until he adopted us and moved in after the neighbors moved away and we searched all the shelters in the city to find him.

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've lived in Oregon and it is way too cold there now for any cat to live outside. Winter is serious. I suggest you run a Craigslist ad mentioning the cat and its need for serious owners with laps and petting energies. Act fast or exposure will make it sick.
Maybe a student in off campus or pdx housing.
Kitty clearly isnt a fit and is seeking greener pastures. Maybe the neighbors are waiting for this to happen. Sad.