Neighborly geese

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Resurrecting this one because... I'm relatively new (few yrs) to where I live vs wherever I've been in the past, and something happened this year that blew my mind (sorry if it's common to others here). I was on an innercity hwy one day in the fall and ahead was a ramp to some other road near a small woody area, not intown, in a city. In any case, I came close to the ramp and realized no one was going anywhere (I hadn't planned to get off myself tho'). Well, a line of cars had stopped halfway into the ramp/circle and I thought there's been an accident, but then looked again, and saw a long line of Canada Geese crossing from the woods to the largish area inside the ramp's circle. There were big ones, small ones - some quite young, and it took 10 mins for all to cross, but once they had, the traffic started again and all was fine. I'd never seen anything like it before and a couple of wks later, it happened again in another similar area... so people here are obviously used to it and thank goodness they're so good about it! I almost believe there's hope for humanity now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
thank goodness they're so good about it! I almost believe there's hope for humanity now!
We have the same thing here, almost everyone is patient with them when they're crossing roads. I remember last year there was a policeman using his/her vehicle parked sideways in the road to warn people, because there was a bit of a hill so the geese wouldn't be easily seen right away, and of course the drivers go too fast ....

I almost have to laugh, because the goofy things absolutely will not be hurried, no matter how much people are honking their car horns at them lol.

Last edited: