Need vibes for little ZZ!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the newest foster, ZZ (because, in his tuxedo, he's a "Sharp-Dressed Man").

The shelter was about to put him to sleep. He's eating very little, and I've been force-feeding him KMR. He's a little lover, but he's just thin skin stretched over bones. I'm going to take him to the vet this morning; he was coming down with a cold, and now he's got it pretty bad. I just got home from Corpus Christi, fed him, and put the vaporizer on in the bathroom.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Look at those ears!!! What a sweetie he is. Thank you so much for taking him in and nursing him back to health!!

Lots and lots of get well healing vibes coming ZZ's way!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like a sweetie. And those ears! I hope he makes it and you can find him a loving forever home.

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww - he's just so cute. Love his ears. Hope he bounces back really soon. Lots of

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just had the little guy at the vet's office. They all fell in love with him. Such a fighter, and such a personality. Now I just need to get him fed a lot!

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope the little guy gets better.Such a cutie looks like our CC.
jeff

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he's got his energy up, he'll feel better and his appetite will improve too. Its a virtuous cycle, now to find a food that he loves! Might be time to start on some yummy wet food so he gets his nutrients and fluids for a quick weight-gain programme!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am continuing to force feed him some KMR, but he actually gobbled up some food both last night and this morning. He's one really nice kitten. He wants to follow us around the house, if we let him out of the bathroom, and he loves to climb up on a shoulder and perch there.

I am anxiously awaiting a poop deposit in his litter box, to take to the vet. He is still extremely skinny; you don't need an x-ray machine. You can feel every bone and a lot of his internal organs.

The shelter was going to do a "clean out" of the cat room yesterday afternoon, euthanizing those cats who were not very adoptable, sickly, etc., and he would be gone in that sweep, if not before. So every minute he lives here is a minute he would not have had. I just hope Tiger wasn't in that sweep; she's been doing pretty well at the shelter, since they know to give her slurried wet food.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable
I'm so glad you rescued him and that he's getting better

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's still wheezy, and his eye is weepy, but he pooped a good-sized stool sample for me (in the bathtub) and he acts like he feels a lot better. Our mother-cat, Sterling, wants so badly to mother him, but I'm trying to keep the direct contact down since he hasn't been tested for the big nasties.

Right now, he's wandering around the living room, looking for trouble.

I'm going to force feed him some KMR and AD tonight, and maybe tomorrow morning, and see how he's doing.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't have to force feed him this morning. I brought the measuring cup with his mixture (AD and KMR) in it in the bathroom, and he stuck his face in it. He ate until he had a nice little round tummy. I went out to get some more, and he produced a very normal-looking (and good-sized, for him!) stool sample in the litter box, then he ate some more. He's been out of the bathroom several times, annoying the other cats, except Sterling, who is the motherly type.

He's sooooo much better, or at least it looks that way. Playing, walking around with that bandy bow-legged walk of young kittens. Still has a weepy eye and you can feel every bone, but I hope to get him over the hump.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mike he is a little sweetie! Just be careful to not add to much A/D... add a liiiiiiitle bit to start with, then start adding a bit more... It is very very rich and you might end up with pretty bad diarrhea

Many Vibes for Tiger too... Have you heard anything about her?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sterling thinks ZZ is his new toy; he's washing him, playing hide and seek with him, etc.

Tiger is doing pretty well; she seriously needs a little old lady to adopt her.