Need vet familiar with MANX SYNDROME!

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had a rumpy tail female Manx born April, 10 and I noticed this evening she has a defect related to Manx syndrome. There's no signs of anything neurologically wrong, thank God!! But her bum-hole is nearly shut off. She barely has a pin hole. She will need to have loose stools in order to pass fecal matter. We cannot bare to lose her! As some members know, we lost one of a litter of 9 a few days ago and we HAVE to do whatever it takes!! She needs to see a vet familiar with this syndrome asap! We live in a rural part of West Virginia and it's nearly impossible to find a decent vet, let alone one familiar with genetic disorders such as Manx syndrome. That why I needed to start this thread to ask the members for help with info on a vet, organization, rescue group, anything Manx related or point me into a specific direction of where I can find our girl the help she needs! Anywhere in the U.S. is fine because we will get her where she needs to be!

Thank you so very much! Dora thanks you also, from the bottom of her little heart :rbheart:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would contact my normal Vet and ask them if they know about Manx Syndrome.  If they don't, then ask them if they know of a Vet who does.  Perhaps a Veterinary School near you.  (not sure what is the nearest University that has a Veterinary School, but there may be one fairly close by)