NEED URGENT KITTEN HELP!!

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so today as I was leaving my basement, a saw a few men picking up this kitten who still had a placenta attached to her. The picked her up and kept it far away. I went about my usual day. I came back a few hours back and the mother did not return to the baby it was still alive the mother just kept away. I called my aunt who is a nurse, she cut the placenta we have the clip attached to umbelical cord. It’s 3 in the night here there is no per shop open for kitten milk. We gave the most youngest nan formula possible at 8 I will go get the kitten milk and come back. But this naughty girl won’t stop moving. I fed her 1ml of nan with water she won’t stop moving she’s wrapped in 1 towel there is a mother towel kept under her and a heating pad normally used for bad backs and joints kept on top. We washed her with warm water which we dipped and cleaned with sterilized cotton swabs. Now she stopped moving so much. What do I do. Please help me out. I want her to live. She is always trying to move

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope someone who knows replies soon!!! I pray that she lives!!! Worst case try to do free trials of online vets!!!

Like this site
AskVet

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you also read this post #136 by @ Sarthur2...
Small very pregnant cat help
it will lead you to this website, by kitten lady:
Syringe Feeding — Kitten Lady

As well as what stephanietx posted above,...there are some more useful articles here, on weighing kittens and hand rearing:
newborn kittens – TheCatSite Articles

I wish I knew more, and have read that temperature, and food are critical.
see this website for more tips. sending prayers for your beautiful kitten:
Guide to Raising Underage Kittens - University of Wisconsin Madison Shelter Medicine Program

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please feed this kitten every 2 hours with kitten formula or evaporated milk until you get formula. How is the kitten doing now? Raising a newborn kitten requires around the clock feedings every 2 hours until they are old enough to sleep longer.

Please update!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys update it’s 10:45 here first thing I did was go to the pet shop got it kitten milk from royal canin it came with the bottle, luckily it pooped so that’s good. I cleaned it and then fed it some milk this guy doesn’t stay calm so I fed him how much I coukd. So now after 2 hours I’ll get him to poop again and feed this guy. I put the heater pad thing on the box then some tissues then he goes over it and over him a small towel. I hope this is going good.

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is sleeping. He looks soo cute. And he’s soo active like super active, isn’t he such a cutie. So he drank again after 2 hours not alor tho, and he didn’t poop or pee in another hour . So hopefully he poops or pee at that time.
9BCBFA28-B8A6-4AAA-AA94-741678B75657.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So sweet! I'm so glad you were able to help him.

You know how to stimulate a kitten to pee or poop? They can't do it on their own at that age, so you have to help them.

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So he pooped few hours back like 2 feedings ago, the last feeding he didn’t poop. He just got up I’m gonna feed him And then stimulate him again. I actually have a car he’s 4 years old but I got him when he was a few weeks. I don’t know how to take care of a new born kitten.

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have one concern and please reply as soon as possible he’s breathing heavy while he’s sleeping is that a problem

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he wheezing or crackling? If so, he may be developing pneumonia from aspirating milk into his lungs. Kittens MUST be fed on their tummies, with head up, as though they are suckling from their mother. NEVER feed a kitten on its back. He will need antibiotics to fight the pneumonia; otherwise, he may just have a cold.

Please update!

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s never fed on his back. I’ll show you a picture of how he’s being fed. He’s sooo active like sooo active he just loves the move around.
25E9E183-B4E6-4FF7-A307-71B0A688E0DF.png

Calsizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is no wheezing, no noise. When he’s sleeping he just moves up and down and that’s normal according to the vet cause he’s just small and breaths means he moves cause he’s tiny. He just started meowing so I just stimulated him he peed, I fed him again and while feeding he nodded off to sleep. So he’s back to sleep. Now in another 2 hours he will meow I’ll go stimulate and feed and he’s back to sleep. Till now nothing abnormal cry, stimulate, eat and sleep that’s all he does.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he's doing OK. Taking care of him now is really hard work because he's so tiny, but in a few weeks he'll be able to potty on his own and go longer between meals.

Hang in there. Thank you for taking such great care of him.

:rock:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kittens MUST be fed on their tummies, with head up, as though they are suckling from their mother.
He's a little more upright than he should be, looking at that photo, I think.

Also, take a sock and partially fill it with dry rice or beans, gently microwave it (test on your skin) and see if he'll snuggle with it. It'll need to be maintained but the heat will last for a little while, or you could get a purr toy. He may also benefit from a heartbeat toy. For this last one, alternatively if you have a ticking clock, muffle the sound by wrapping a towel around it and put that near to him.