Need to move an 11-cat colony. Looking for ideas! HELP!

SillySandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, my mom does TNR in the Houston and Conroe area of Texas. She feeds/maintains several colonies in the area. For years, she has been tending to a feral cat colony at a resort near Lake Conroe. The colony consists of 11 cats. They are all spayed/neutured/ear clipped. However, her access to the resort is being terminated and she needs to find alternate locations for these cats. She has been TNR-ing for years and is well versed in relocating cats, fostering, finding homes, etc. BUT this situation is unique as most of these cats are feral. We have looked into barn cat programs in Texas and they all don't seem to accept cats into their programs. Does anyone know of a place for these cats? They don't all have to go together, but it would seem ideal to keep them in 2-3 cat groups when relocated (if possible). My mom will do all the work (trapping, bringing to the new location, setting up an enclosure for cat to live in while it acclimates, etc.) to get the cat acclimated. Let me know if any of you guys have any suggestions! Thanks so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SillySandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thank you for asking. Nothing has panned out yet. I have put pleas out far and wide and have started cold-calling farms/ranches in the area to see if they'd be willing to take on a barn cat or two. The link that Mamanyt1953 posted was to a FB page that stated they aren't taking new requests due to COVID. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thank you so much!