Need To Add A New Litter Box For One Day

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We're have a family gathering soon and I'm going to keep my kitty in a safe room ( my bedroom which she is very comfortable in) because I don't want her to be scared or nervous being around a lot of people. She will have food, water, toys, bed and her big condo too. I put a litter box in there for her.
I just put the litter box with clean litter and some of her used litter in it, would she figure it out?
What's the best way I can teach her to use the new litter box?
Thank you!

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
How old is she? If she's been using a box she'll know what to do.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If your kitty is already used to the room and comfortable and confident and not coming out of the room and no guest going in to see the kitty, she should be ok.

She might not want to pee during the gathering time and she should be able to hold her pee for a few hours.

You can scoop out some of her used litter and spread it over the new litter box if you plan to put one in your room just for the occasion.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
She's comfortable in my room, she spends all night in there with me ( sleeping time) I did put the litter box in there tonight with new litter and some of her older one just to give her some time to get used to it. She will not be coming out of my room while guest are over and absolutely NO ONE is allowed in my room to see her ( I already warned everyone in my family :)) I will be checking up on her and spending a few minutes with her too.
Thank you so much for your advice!!

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is she? If she's been using a box she'll know what to do.
She's 9 months. Her box is in the main floor, she never had one in the second floor

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3140.GIF

In that case, this is her safe room. She'll be comfortable in there. Will she dart out of the room if you go check on her? If she does, then you have to open the door squarting down and open slowly so that you can catch her if she darts out.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope she doesn't, but I will be very careful opening the door.
Thanks again