need suggestions till Monday

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Soooooooooo glad Mr. Toe is doing well!! I was so scared at the beginning of this. He's a beautiful cat and so lucky to have you love him.

Stephanie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He slept on my husband's pillow wrapped up in my warm housecoat. He is a little corker that's for sure. And thank god..........HE IS DOING GOOD!!!

Can't wait till the end of the month for his urinalysis...... I just know his crystals have to be gone..... We have deligently fed his special food to him every single morning. He loves it!!

and thank you for the kind thought.......

and happy valentines day all............!!!!!

and catsarebetter..........WELCOME TO THE CAT SITE!! Its a great place!!! You will love it here......

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you guys have a great V-day as well. Our office closed today, so I'm at home with my babies. One of which is sitting here screaming at me...well, she's probably just grumping but given that she's still a baby.. her grumping is really high pitched.

Give all the kitties hugs! Oh, and if you figure out an effective way to feed them all seperately.. let me know. I've got four kitties, all on different diets.. and I'd actually like to get them on more individualized ones. No luck so far..!

Best of!

~Heather

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use crates....

This is my routine. I put Toe in a wire crate with his food. He knows he is being fed so he runs to the crate.

Then I put food out for the other cats and close the kitchen gate with the cats eating on the other side.

Then I put dog food down in the kitchen for the dog crew.

After the dogs are through, I put them out. When the cats finish, I let toe out.

I am thinking of getting another wire crate like Toe's for fat JJ. Juan and I discussed him eating diet food.

but if you only have 4...........crate em at meal time....

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

I use crates....

This is my routine. I put Toe in a wire crate with his food. He knows he is being fed so he runs to the crate.

Then I put food out for the other cats and close the kitchen gate with the cats eating on the other side.

Then I put dog food down in the kitchen for the dog crew.

After the dogs are through, I put them out. When the cats finish, I let toe out.

I am thinking of getting another wire crate like Toe's for fat JJ. Juan and I discussed him eating diet food.

but if you only have 4...........crate em at meal time....
Jenn,

Do you think you could get JJ to eat wet food only? If not, the Felidae may help him drop the extra weight over time.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably could. He likes anything. We are getting him a months worth of diet food wednesday.... I might do a mix of soft/dry.....

Here's Toe today........ He is a rascal.....and back to normal...... Honey loves him so much.. Her sister Princess Minny Pearl is Jimmy 's fav. But Honey is Toe's girl.

Here's JJ today..........

It's so cold out they are all hanging inside....

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh look at them...
so precious.

Jenn...
Years ago I heard that soft food is not good for kitties.
I don't remember why.

Are you talking about soft...not wet?

If you are...
maybe it would be a good idea to start a new thread in this forum about soft...not wet food and see if you get any feedback about it.

I love all of your babies.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what I mean. Wet vs soft. What I am trying to say is canned diet food of some really good brand......

I think canned is considered wet food. I think..........????

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

I don't know what I mean. Wet vs soft. What I am trying to say is canned diet food of some really good brand......

I think canned is considered wet food. I think..........????
I think maybe xocats was thinking of something like Tender Vittles when you said 'soft' ...they're dry but squishy like pounce treats.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I think maybe xocats was thinking of something like Tender Vittles when you said 'soft' ...they're dry but squishy like pounce treats.
Yes...I was thinking that soft food, might be dry but squishy like pounce.
Good description beandip.

A good canned food is great Jenn.

I call that wet food.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to throw a comment in here. I am so glad your cat is recovering. I have two male cats, both with urinary problems. They eat the W/D only, no wet food. About a year and a half ago, my daughter told me I needed to be giving my cats filtered water. I bought a Brita filtered pitcher and a water filter for the kitchen faucet. Since then the cats have been drinking the filtered water. Neither cats has had any problems since. Because it works for my cats, I thought someone else might want to try it.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

I bought a Brita filtered pitcher and a water filter for the kitchen faucet. Since then the cats have been drinking the filtered water. Neither cats has had any problems since. Because it works for my cats, I thought someone else might want to try it.
Good point...
My kitties drink only filtered water.
I use the Brita faucet attachment type.
Thanks for mentioning the importance of filtered water.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our tap water has a lot of minerals in it....
It is possible that some might contribute to crystal formation in cats.
http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/wat...water-pets.htm
I found the above article when I did a quick google search.

I just always felt that if my water need to be filtered....
so should my kitties water.
An important thing is to wash their bowls daily.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I just read through this entire thread for the first time. I'm so glad little Toe is doing much better. You're such a good mother to have taken so good care of him. It's wonderful to see those pictures of him back at home, snuggling with his other cat-friends like normal.

Congratulations. I wish Toe (and all your little kitties) the best health and happiness in the future.

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jenn,
I just found this thread. I have read it all the way through. At times my eyes were teary. Sometimes I had to jump forward to get to the update parts. I am so glad for you that Toe is better.
I understand as all of us do how hard it is when our kids get sick. My oldest girl will be 17 this coming August. It is unbelievably difficult for me to think of life without her. She is very healthy now and often plays like a kitten. We love them like our children. ANd feel priveledged that they allow us to live with them.
I know that God is blessing you for your work with ferals. You are on a mission.
Keep up the good work and faith. I just know that Toe will continue to regain his health.