need some reassurance

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys.
I have been having the worst time lately! A few weeks ago my friends dog died and we grieved together, then my fiances grandmother passed and we went to his home town to grieve, then right after that my dad went into the hospital with severe pneumonia for two weeks (he does not live close so I went there the last two weekends) , and then I did my taxes and I owe quite a bit, leaving me broke.
Finally things are calming down and last night I noticed some urine on the litter mat. I cleaned it up and found a small amount of blood in it. Unfortunately we have three cats and no way to know who's pee it was. We just moved to the area in October and I frantically searched for a vet today. I think I found one that should be OK. all three cats are acting normal but my friend suggested a way of figuring it out and it worked (paper towel on bottom right after a pee). So now I know who has a problem but I don't know how long it's been going on and I'm feeling super guilty that she may have been in pain for some time without my knowing. The vet is currently closed so I'll call in the morning. Please someone just give me a virtual hug and tell me I'm not a bad owner.
Thanks for listening

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta
Hi guys.
I have been having the worst time lately! A few weeks ago my friends dog died and we grieved together, then my fiances grandmother passed and we went to his home town to grieve, then right after that my dad went into the hospital with severe pneumonia for two weeks (he does not live close so I went there the last two weekends) , and then I did my taxes and I owe quite a bit, leaving me broke.
Finally things are calming down and last night I noticed some urine on the litter mat. I cleaned it up and found a small amount of blood in it. Unfortunately we have three cats and no way to know who's pee it was. We just moved to the area in October and I frantically searched for a vet today. I think I found one that should be OK. all three cats are acting normal but my friend suggested a way of figuring it out and it worked (paper towel on bottom right after a pee). So now I know who has a problem but I don't know how long it's been going on and I'm feeling super guilty that she may have been in pain for some time without my knowing. The vet is currently closed so I'll call in the morning. Please someone just give me a virtual hug and tell me I'm not a bad owner.
Thanks for listening
sounds like you are right on top of things. i haven't met any clairvoyant people although i have met some clairvoyant cats. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a 
 from me, too. It's OK and you're calling the vet first thing in the morning. I hope it's nothing serious with your kitty. And I'm really sorry about everything else. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: It's ok, really :nod: You've noticed, and you're taking her to the vet as soon as you are able to. That's what matters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dropping her off in the morning for a urine analysis during the day.  Pushing wet food and giving lots of (not too tight) hugs.

*le sigh*

baileysmom15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck, keep us posted on how its going. Sending positive vibes xoxoxo