Need some help/advice

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you willing or able to pay for the vet visits and treatment youself? I only ask because IF you can't get this kitty placed with a shelter, the vets may be more willing to "take on a new patient" if you tell them that you've taken in a stray and it needs help. If they know they will not be held responsible for finding it a home or incurring any costs, they would probably be more willing to see him.
At least he would be a healthier stray, and then it would be even easier to find it a home or place it in a shelter...and if not, you have a healthy stray cat for company.
I know it might not be possible for you...but we all know money talks.

Perhaps your landlord would be willing to let you take him in on a temporary basis??? Just till he's healthy and you can find him a home...Let's face it, most rental places have no pet clauses because tenants can be slobs and pets can be destructive, especially if not well cared for. If you have a good relationship with your landlord, he might make an exception for you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big props to you, Jem Jem , for those excellent suggestions!
I was in a no "pets" building when a kitten came into my life. I never advise lying to anyone about anything, especially when lives are at risk! but I smuggled her in and when the manager found out, he was cool about it. He was an animal lover and a cat lover in particular. Two more cats needed me there, and they joined us. Turned out the manager himself smuggled in a cat in need. And then a few other tenants brought in cats. IDK if the owner ever found out; I think the manager and us tenants had kind of a tacit agreement not to tell him, and he was an absentee landlord anyway. But while I never recommend this kind of thing, in our case it did work out.