Need Remote Control for Drop Trap ASAP

lemonlime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need to borrow/rent a remote control trigger for my Tomahawk drop trap. My indoor cat has been located after being missing for 2 months but I have to trap him. I have my drop trap set to display in an area where he has been sighted. Can't use string (which is what I usually use) to pull the trap for logistical reasons. Need the RC to trap him ASAP. He is in some danger from other animals, traffic and some people in the neighborhood who would do him hard. I live in NJ. Am willing to drive some up to 2 hours to pick one up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemonlime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Typo: "would do him harm". Is there a way to edit comments for typos? Thx.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you rent what you need somewhere? Or talk to a rescue in your area to see if they have one? This is an international site and finding someone who has exactly what you are looking for is like looking for a needle in a haystack. That's not really what we're set up to do here.

Wishing you all the luck in the world getting your little one back.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Once you have been a member for a bit longer, and have...um...I think 20 posts (thereabouts) you'll get an "edit" button once you've posted.

MEANWHILE, back to the main issue...this was the result page for a quick search. Hope it helps. It's just general for NJ, since I didnt' have an exact area. cat rescue new jersey - Bing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemonlime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I trapped my cat just over a week ago @ 2:30 am with my Tomahawk drop trap using the thin rope. I am very experienced using my drop trap and was finally able to do it with a rope because a kind woman let me use her backyard to do so.

A few days earlier I had set the drop trap on another property which didn't work for the rope which is why I was looking for a remote in case I had to keeping try to trap him in the earlier location.

After calling every rescue and other resource I could find, a very kind woman loaned me her remote (had to drive almost 2 hours to borrow it) but it didn't work well in testing so I went with the rope, and was able to do so in the location I mentioned in the first paragraph.

I was racing against time to find him.I had been looking for him almost constantly since he had gone missing 54 days before.

He is an older cat and the sighting reports I got indicated he was not doing well. Now safe and secure in my house (he has been an indoor only cat since I rescued him 6 years ago, he only got out because I stupidly left a window screen up, which I have never done before), he has been at vet almost daily since I got him back because he now has life threatening health issues.

Right now I am still trying to make sure right that he doesn't die and I sure have the vet bills to prove it. I was desperate for the remote because I was desperate to find him. My heart is broken over what he went through and I need to nurse him back to health. Sorry if I didn't follow the exact rules of your website when I was just desperately trying to find a way to get him back.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so happy you got him back, and so sorry to hear that's he's in bad shape.

I don't see where you didn't follow any rules here :dunno:. Anyway, if there's anything you need over in the Health Forum, please ask. We may have some members who can offer advise on what ails your old guy.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just get a regular live trap and try that. I have caught a lot of ferals using mine. Just be near when you use it. If he is that hungry, he will go in. They are at Tractor supply and most farm supple stores.