Need kitten milk diy formula urgently

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive always fed them from a normal position (head up) He’s not putting on any weight. The other kitten is gaining steadily. No coughs, sneeze or gaging. When he had enough he’d just pull away from the syringe.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may take giving very small amounts but very often. Sometimes just drops at a time. I hope you can get him checked by a vet. You said he is feeding head up. Laying on his belly? Holding the syringe above him to drink is awkward for him. He needs it at mom tummy level from his face. Normally they kind of get over the nipple to feed.
That picture of the little tiger did command me with cuteness!
I’m glad you looked for the mom. There’s still a chance she is around. If the babies lay on a towel, you could remove it when you change to a fresh one, take it out and put that near some food to watch and see if she shows up. Perhaps near where the kittens were found. Getting mom would give the lethargic kitten a better chance. I hope he is improving.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The black one stops eating yesterday and looking lethargic. No diarhhrea, vomitting. Took it to the vet but theiy dont take in animals after 2pm. Does anyone have a clue whats happening?
Ouch. You can try with putting on some white caro syrup or honey on his gum - just a tiny droplet. It gives some quick energhy.

(if you by any chance can get a proper glucose / dextrose, its even better, but this is difficult to find in USA)

Also, if he still eats, have this mixed into this goats milk.

If he doesnt eat or is visibly very weak, - or even dying,
give in ONLY water sweetened with this caro syrup or honey. and a tiny trifle salt...

Because when they are very weak, the digestion no longer works. But these sugars go into blood anyway.
Its no remedy, but it will buy you some time, and the kitten will survive on this sugar solution itself several days. He wont grow, but he will survive.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s visibly getting weaker. I gave him just a tiny pinch of human antibiotic since my vet closed on Sun. He’s wrapped in a towel like a burrito. I’m feeding him in a standing position. It’s difficult to make him lay down. Been to the vet twice in the last 5 days. One for him and the other was for my dog who sadly passed :(

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
B09D61F2-3A0D-4690-969E-3250E3D16A36.jpeg

Now his brother isnt doing too well either. Idk if you can tell his belly is a bit bloated. What do you make of this?

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hes still has a decent appetite. Probably gonna take him in tomorow after i get off work. Just curious if anyone has any ideas what this could be?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does it look as its the same symptoms as with the other whom died? IF so, it may even be something contagious.

Re the somewhat bloated belly. You can always try with some simethicone. The same as for human babies with air in belly...
one or two drops several times a day.

Can you get raw goats milk?

(I perhaps had already these advices).