need homes :(

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to move for my new job - & haven't yet found a place that will take all 5 of my furchildren... i'll probably have to re-home 3. Java's easy - she might even be able to stay here [my nephew's going to rent my house] but the other 2 will most probably have to move. i'm currently fairly close to the DFW metroplex area & would willingly transport as needed - anyone looking for a front-declawed loving boy or a tiny torbie - or both [they're great friends!]?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i have to move for my new job - & haven't yet found a place that will take all 5 of my furchildren... i'll probably have to re-home 3. Java's easy - she might even be able to stay here [my nephew's going to rent my house] but the other 2 will most probably have to move. i'm currently fairly close to the DFW metroplex area & would willingly transport as needed - anyone looking for a front-declawed loving boy or a tiny torbie - or both [they're great friends!]?
Laureen, do you want me to foster them for you until you find a home? I will gladly do that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Laureen, do you want me to foster them for you until you find a home? I will gladly do that!
are you sure? there'd be at least 2, possibly 3... and it might be for a year. i'm renting until i'm sure i'm going to stay @ this district - then i'll be buying.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really, really, really hope you guys can work this out. What a generous offer from Carolina! Laureen, I hope you can take her up on it...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Carolina, what a wonderful, generous offer! Take it Laureen!!
i probably will, if i have to leave them. she's checking w/her landlord to make sure she can do it.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thoguht id pass this along...it can be done illegally. I rented apartment with a 2 pets limit(at time it was any combo 35 lbs or less but when we left it was any size/combo)
I moved in with 3 no one said anything....I had the rest at moms and visited daily and did thier litter. In a month I had 18 in there...I covered the window with shelf liner(was white from outside and appeared to look like a sun block blind. No one ever let on they knew and my neighbor was SHOCKED as she had NO clue and passed the window to get her mail. at night i would let them roam the apartment with lights off. it wasnt the worst place but was overly nice and never had an issue. now we own a house and they have a special built concrete floored playroom/litterbox area and a few(ha) more

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

Just thought id pass this along...it can be done illegally. I rented apartment with a 2 pets limit(at time it was any combo 35 lbs or less but when we left it was any size/combo)
i've considered that, especially if i get the apartment. since the duplex people had to be persuaded even to take cats, i'm a bit hesitant there...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
addendum - the nephew who's renting the house doesn't want Java - but his younger brother might. he's checking w/roommates & landlord & is going to let me know.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i've considered that, especially if i get the apartment. since the duplex people had to be persuaded even to take cats, i'm a bit hesitant there...
When I was looking for my apartment, I must have called 100 places. Leaving any of the kids for me wasn't an option or a consideration, so my sole purpose at that time was to find ANYPLACE that would allow my 4. I could find alot of places that alllowed 2, but not many would take that many. Out of the 100 I called, I only found 4 that would allow 4 with a huge deposit. Two of them were in a less than desirable neighborhood, so those were my last resorts. The one I'm in now said yes, I could take 4, but it would be $200 per cat, 75% of that refundalble when I move out as long as the apartment is in good shape. I was prepared to lie and say I only had two if I had too........after Jerry left ,believe me, these babies kept my sanity for me.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
unfortunately, every place else we looked was undesirable. i applied at the 'acceptable' place - they take cats, didn't even ask me how many, so i'll take them all if i go there. the other place is way better, so i would prefer to live there - but if i can't find anyplace for them, i'm not sure what i'll do...Carolina just PM'd me - she can't take them, her landlord said no

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was funny as when we moved out we were one of the few they didn't refinish out wood floor(oh I cleaned that !SO! often to keep it cat hair/litter free).
I also was able to help a neighbor get some MUCH needed medical help for mental issues.
Also look in the contract as one told use 3 no problem(I told them all I had 3) but the official count was 1 cat is allowed and must be declawed...They told me they don't go by that but still that's what your signing your name to.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad we have laws here stopping landlords from refusing small pets

When will you know if you are accepted at the 'acceptable place' that didn't ask. Its amazing how cats can manage in small spaces and you already said you would buy if staying there so it wouldn't be for too long

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I am so glad we have laws here stopping landlords from refusing small pets

When will you know if you are accepted at the 'acceptable place' that didn't ask. Its amazing how cats can manage in small spaces and you already said you would buy if staying there so it wouldn't be for too long
i was accepted, but all they had were upstairs units... no W/D or connections. i put a deposit on the duplex. i've emailed the following to a large number of people - all of y'all please feel free to email to anyone you think could take them [especially anyone relatively close to me!].
i will be moving due to a new job. unfortunately, i can't take all of my cats
so i'm looking for possibly temporary home for 3. they can go together or separately - 1 declawed male, 2 clawed females. i'd be willing to subsidize food & vet costs & take them back in a year or so. if you can help, please email me. if you can't, please pray i can find a place for them - they're like my children! also, please forward this email to anyone you can think of who might be interested. i really appreciate all of your help - i've attached pics for those interested, as well. Chip [male] is the black, Java [female] is the calico & Firefox, aka 'Puter Bug [female] is the patched tabby.
the email i sent has my fone number & pics. y'all all know what they look like - feel free to email pics to anyone you know. PM me for fone/email info if needed.
thanks!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i've also posted ads on Petfinder, added the story to my Facebook bio, & posted pics on Facebook.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

oh, i've also posted ads on Petfinder, added the story to my Facebook bio, & posted pics on Facebook.
well, so far, the results from Petfinder are a bit unsettling... i received this email for each of the cats [separately, mind you]...
Petfinder Classified Ads: you have received an email from: [email protected].

Good day....

I saw your posted advert on Petfinder.com and i am interested in adopting the lovely pet for my Daughter who find interest in the pet as her Birthday gift...So,kindly get back to me with the present condition of the adorable pet...

1.Has the pet been to the vet?
2.The last asking price for the pet?
3.more pics of the pet if available?

Thanks.
reported it to the FTC and IC3, but didn't respond. y'all think that email sounds fishy like i do?

mcterri131

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sister received this email after advertising with Petfinders
This scam is scary... can't tell if they want to do the fake certified check scam or get animals for labs.
Either way I am trying to report this person. Be very cautious with
potential adopters.

Hello,

How are you doing there today?I am glad to read back from you...i am
Frank Moore..I live in Tulsa,Ok.I am gifted with two children male and
female and they cherish pet a lot. I am capable of any price and we
really love to have your pet to be part of my lovely home because we
don't have any pet that we are rearing for now and i will like to let
you know that we have a very large yard where pet can play and roam
around comfortably,likewise,our house was wood fence about 11.87ft
high...I am indeed a pet lover likewise,my Daughter...She spent 70% of
her time with our formal pet and i can assure you a safety and caring
home for your adorable pet.i can assure you that we will be sending
you the picture of the lovely pet to you after the pet might have been
living with our family so that you will know how caring we are for pet
because we are not a pet abuser....My lovely Daughter is 13years old.

As regard that shipping of the pet,i will take care of that because
i have a rel iable and competent pet mover that will come to your door
step for the pick up of the pet after you might have receive the
payment ....I will be sending you an American Certified check or Money
Order.I will like to proceed to payment as i will need you to provide
me with your full payment information such as:

Your full name to be written on the check....

Physical contact address.....

Your area zip code........

Your Phone numbers for smooth communication....

Hope to hearing back from you as soon a possible.

Thanks

Frank