Need help

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is this where I ask you to correct messed up post, because I have asked around and nobody is helping me.?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
can we not purraise without thumbs up symbol, as sometimes want to purraise and thumbs up is inappropriate?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
index.png

If you have messed up a post, left click on 'flag', (in blue here), fill in the reason and press 'flag' and a moderator will see it. Please note though, that we are all volunteers and you may not get an immediate response.

You have quite a few options with purraise. Just hover your mouse over 'purraise' (in green here), do not click, just hover, and a selection will show up. Just choose one and click on it.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for continuing question about thumbs up being inappropriate, I hover but still cannot get correct purraise. I am on chromebook laptop and I know somehow I must be able to get this right. Help would be appreciated, if someone can help me, it must be quite obvious I am somewhat new to computer. 🌍 🌺:silver:🌹

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just hover the cursor over the word Purraise. I added a big blue arrow to the image below to indicate where to put the cursor. A box will pop up with additional options: the default thumbs up, heart, smiling face, laughing face, shocked / wow face, and sad face.

Untitled.jpg

can we not purraise without thumbs up symbol, as sometimes want to purraise and thumbs up is inappropriate?

If none of the options are appropriate for the post you want to purraise, then I'm not sure how you can purraise a post.

Last edited:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just hover the cursor over the word Purraise. See the big blue arrow in the image below. A box will pop up with additional options: the default thumbs up, heart, smiling face, laughing face, shocked / wow face, and sad face.

View attachment 334129

If none of the options are appropriate for the post you want to purraise, then I'm not sure how you can purraise a post.
Just hover the cursor over the word Purraise. See the big blue arrow in the image below. A box will pop up with additional options: the default thumbs up, heart, smiling face, laughing face, shocked / wow face, and sad face.

View attachment 334129

LTS3 LTS3 thank you for reply. I am on hp laptop chromebook. I have tried the hover many times w/o success. Any other ideas will be much appreciated. I still want to purraise but sometimes have not because only on "reply" can I purraise but it still does not seem right. Purraise deserves to be given, but it is such a faux pas since hovering does not make said symbols pop up. Maybe this computer has a different way to do it, idk. Frustrated. :silver: :frustrated:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I am also on touchscreen. Have tried cursor also. No blue arrow. :frustrated:😩:frustrated::silver:🌺:frustrated: Thank you for your help, maybe someone else knows????????♥:crossfingers::silver::frustrated:🌎

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I am also on touchscreen. Have tried cursor also. No blue arrow. :frustrated:😩:frustrated::silver:🌺:frustrated: Thank you for your help, maybe someone else knows????????♥:crossfingers::silver::frustrated:🌎
I'm in the same boat as you. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet, which doesn't have a cursor, nor left click/ right click- just a stylus, and yes, it can be frustrating when you want to use something other than a thumbs up but the option isn't available.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as you. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet, which doesn't have a cursor, nor left click/ right click- just a stylus, and yes, it can be frustrating when you want to use something other than a thumbs up but the option isn't available.
N NY cat man well I am sorry you are having said problem, but I am glad I am not alone. Thank you so much for your kind reply and interest. What do YOU do? Sometimes I just make the faux pas because I want person to know I appreciate post, but sometimes I do not because it seems so very rude to give "thumbs up" when death occurs or problem is revealed and what the person really needs is comfort , not a thumbs up at all. Maybe because we may not be the only 2 with this problem the staff can add a purraise w/o the symbol. :silver: ♥ I hope so, we're keeping our paws crossed! 🌺:sunshine:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
For those using a touchscreen/tablet, are you tapping the word "Purraise", or putting a very light touch on it with your finger or stylus? The former will result in a thumbs up, while the latter should give you a little pop-up with options, the appropriate one of which you can then tap.
This is what I get when I very lightly put my finger on "Purraise":
Screenshot_2020-05-13-07-00-21.png

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just to clarify, there is no big blue arrow in the platform. That was a helpful addition by LTS3 LTS3 in that screenshot (thank you!)

When using a mouse in a desktop/laptop environment, you need to hover the cursor about the word "purraise" for the options to show up.
With touchscreens, your experience could be different, depending on the exact setup. With my phone, for example, a quick touch on "Purraise" just ads the thumbs-up like. When I hold my finger on that word, the options pop up and I can select any one of them. Give that a try. A longer click, so to speak.

If that's not working for you either, please post here and let me know what device and browser you're using and I can ask for support to see if the feature is supported for your specific setup and how.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just to clarify, there is no big blue arrow in the platform. That was a helpful addition by LTS3 LTS3 in that screenshot (thank you!)

When using a mouse in a desktop/laptop environment, you need to hover the cursor about the word "purraise" for the options to show up.
With touchscreens, your experience could be different, depending on the exact setup. With my phone, for example, a quick touch on "Purraise" just ads the thumbs-up like. When I hold my finger on that word, the options pop up and I can select any one of them. Give that a try. A longer click, so to speak.

If that's not working for you either, please post here and let me know what device and browser you're using and I can ask for support to see if the feature is supported for your specific setup and how.
Anne Anne Now that one works for moi, thank you. Not sure if it works for N NY cat man .

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man well I am sorry you are having said problem, but I am glad I am not alone. Thank you so much for your kind reply and interest. What do YOU do? Sometimes I just make the faux pas because I want person to know I appreciate post, but sometimes I do not because it seems so very rude to give "thumbs up" when death occurs or problem is revealed and what the person really needs is comfort , not a thumbs up at all. Maybe because we may not be the only 2 with this problem the staff can add a purraise w/o the symbol. :silver: ♥ I hope so, we're keeping our paws crossed! 🌺:sunshine:
I don't know if it's so much a problem as a limitation of the device that I am using.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On touchscreens, usually if you hold your finger or stylus over a link for a few seconds some options will appear.

And yes, the big blue arrow was my addition to the image for tech unsavy people.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know if it's so much a problem as a limitation of the device that I am using.
Yes, if what has been suggested doesn't work, I'd say it's the device. No software can support every situation, unfortunately.